Pence to Appear at Pink-Out

Former Vice President will attend the Trojan-Bluejays matchup next Friday.
Nissa Molgaard
Vice President Pence will offer the opening coin toss on Oct. 6.

Former Vice President Mike Pence will attend the Oct. 6 Pink-Out football game at the Atlantic Trojan Bowl. His events coordinator recently contacted ACSD Activities Director Andrew Mitchell about having Pence do the coin toss at the game.

Superintendent Dr. Beth Johnsen said this is a special moment for Atlantic to host a former vice president. She said that additional police and county officers will be added to the complex to ensure extra security and Pence will also have a personal security team.

One of Pence’s people will come and walk through the whole event the day before for an idea of what might happen.

Johnson wants people to remember that it is the Pink-Out game and the main idea is to raise breast cancer awareness and support, but that this is also a very special moment to remember for our community.

Pence is a Republican candidate for the 2024 Presidential Election. According to PBS News Hour, he is the only vice president in modern history to challenge his former running mate.