Choice Printing
Distinguished Sites Banner
Weather

• 11 PM
    63 °
  • 12 AM
    62 °
  • 1 AM
    61 °
  • 2 AM
    61 °
  • 3 AM
    60 °
  • 4 AM
    59 °
  • 5 AM
    59 °
  • 6 AM
    60 °
  • 7 AM
    62 °
  • 8 AM
    64 °
  • 9 AM
    67 °
  • 10 AM
    70 °
  • 11 AM
    72 °
  • 12 PM
    74 °
  • 1 PM
    76 °
  • 2 PM
    76 °
  • 3 PM
    76 °
  • 4 PM
    76 °
  • 5 PM
    77 °
  • 6 PM
    76 °
  • 7 PM
    75 °
  • 8 PM
    72 °
  • 9 PM
    69 °
  • 10 PM
    68 °
  • 11 PM
    66 °
July 20
72°/ 62°
Moderate rain
July 21
77°/ 58°
Patchy rain nearby
July 22
78°/ 62°
Moderate rain
SAAC - The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is made up of 14 girls from all corners of Iowa. The girls met at the IGHSAU headquarters in Des Moines.
Empowering Today to Lead Tomorrow
Claire Pellett, AHS Needle Lead Editor • April 30, 2024

FOCUS - Junior Hailey Huffman focuses on nocking her arrow to get the perfect shot. Huffman  made sure her stance was strong and her bow arm did not shake. Huffman shot 3D where she shot all the different animals at all different distances.
Archery Is On the Rise
Anna Potts, Editor • February 23, 2024

Archery- in its tenth year at AHS, the sport is gaining numbers and more of its events are gaining publicity. On Feb. 25, Atlantic is hosting...

Fletcher Toft and Megan Birge dance with glee as vampire villian siblings plotting to kill human students. The play New Kids at Vampire High will be performed on Friday and Saturday nights at 7 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Sunday.
The Point Episode 11: Spring Play Special
Ella Meyer and Kate Nichols March 15, 2024

Hosts Ella and Kate talk with some members of the upcoming spring play "New Kids at Vampire High." Music by AHS graduate Evan Brummer.

IHSSA State Debate last January.
The Road to National Qualifiers
Alyssa Neal, Writer/Editor • February 9, 2024

It’s that time of year when AHS Speech and Debate heads to National Qualifiers, or “nat quals” as the team likes to call them. There are...

The Point Episode 14: Goodbye Seniors
Kate Nichols and Ella Meyer May 15, 2024

Hosts Kate and Ella talk with AHS seniors about their high school career and their futures. Music by AHS graduate Evan Brummer. This...

THINK ABOUT IT - Kylie Templeton contemplates her answer as she takes one of the Intro to Journalism students quiz.
Buzzfeed Quizzes 2023-2024
Intro to Journalism Students May 9, 2024

Annabelle Meyer and Aubrey Winford: What AHS Car Parker Are You? Aunika Darrow and Rylee Bengel: What Type of Lift Style Are You? Addison...

Atlantic FFA Members’ Success Continues

Taylor+McCreedy
Taylor McCreedy

On Day 2 of the Iowa State Fair, Atlantic FFA members continued to have success. In the FFA Farm Crops Contest Atlantic FFA placed ninth as a team. Hayden Kleen placed seventh in field corn multi-ear class and Lauren Comes placed second in Sudan grass hay and fourth in grass hay.

In the FFA Photography Show at the Iowa State Fair, Lily Johnson won one Blue and two Red Ribbons. Jacquie Freund won a Red Ribbon, Abbi Richter won two Blue and one Red Ribbon, and Maddie Richter won a Red Ribbon.

Grant Petty

In the FFA Swine Show Grant Petty showed his Market Gilt placing tenth and earning a Blue Ribbon. Petty also showed his Market Barrow earning a Blue Ribbon.

In the final event of the day, Taylor McCreedy was selected as Runner Up in the Iowa State Fair Senior Cowgirl Queen contest. This was a great way for McCreedy to wrap up her week at the Iowa State Fair.

There were several FFA members that participated in the Parade of Champions on Saturday afternoon.

As we wrap up the first week of the Iowa State Fair, Atlantic FFA Advisor Eric Miller commented, “I am so proud of all of the FFA members that participated this week. I would like to thank all of the parents, friends, and family that helped with transportation, working with animals, and chores back home at the farm. Without everyone’s support, our FFA members would not have these opportunities.”

Next week Atlantic FFA members will participate in the Dairy Goat Show to wrap up the Iowa State Fair.

*The original report was edited for clarity.