• October 15The boys' and girls' varsity cross country teams will compete in Glenwood on Thursday at the State qualifying meet. Good luck!

• October 15Trojan football has their last game this Friday vs Red Oak. The theme is Pink Out!

Trojans Square Off Against St. Albert

Trojans look to bounce back against the Falcons.

Seniors Jaxson Eden and Austin Alexander await the free throw.

Friday, Dec. 1, the Trojan boys’ basketball team travel to Council Bluffs to take on the St. Albert Falcons.

The boys look to avenge their loss from Tuesday against the Winterset Huskies, 46-59.

Junior Chase Mullenix led the charge against the Huskies with 18 points. Senior Austin Alexander had 10 points and six rebounds. Also senior Grant Podhajsky had six points and six rebounds.

The boys look to turn things around on the defensive end after giving up 14 offensive rebounds against the Huskies.

Tip off is 7:30, at St. Albert High School gymnasium.

About the Writers
Cooper McDermott, Sports Editor

Senior Cooper McDermott is a sports journalist on the AHS journalism team. McDermott said he is most proud of his Homecoming football story and that a specific aspect he enjoys about journalism is educator, Allison Berryhill.

McDermott is involved in football, tennis, and baseball throughout the year. He plans to attend Dakota State University next fall to pursue a degree in teaching and to play baseball for the DSU Trojans. McDermott said, “One thing I would never change about myself is my athleticism.”

“One person I look up to is my grandpa John, because he is a great overall guy and a great cook,” McDermott said. “If I had to eat one food for a year, I would eat my grandpa’s chicken alfredo.” The last thing McDermott baked was chocolate chip cookies.

“If I had to describe myself in two words, I would say kind and joyful,” McDermott said. McDermott said that his friends would describe him as athletic and gorgeous.

“One thing that I own and would never give away would be my one strap bookbag,” McDermott said. “If I could acquire one talent without effort it would be extreme pen spinning.”

One calming place that McDermott likes to go to is the weight room. “My idea of a relaxing afternoon would be snuggling with Chloe,” he said.

Profile written by: Chloe Davis and Mckenzie Waters

Dillon Sonntag, Editor

Senior Dillon Sonntag has been a part of the journalism team as an editor for three years. Most of these stories consist of sporting activities. Sonntag said his favorite story he’s  written so far is “Meet the Freshman Basketball Team” when he was a sophomore. He enjoys journalism because of the “freedom to do whatever you want.”

Sonntag said he looks up to 2017 AHS graduate Kyle Nelson because he is “a positive role model, and he is always trying to make me a better person.” He also likes fellow senior Ben Renaud, who he claims to be his best friend. If Renaud or any of Sonntag’s friends had to describe him, Sonntag believes they would say an athletic and that he’s an “overall good guy to be around.” If he had to describe himself though, he would say, “I’m responsible and trustworthy.”

Sonntag is currently involved in track, football, and journalism. When not participating in extracurricular activities, he pictures a perfect afternoon as “sitting at home watching college football,” preferably the Iowa Hawkeyes. Although he prefers sitting at home watching sports, Sonntag still loves participating in them, saying, “I would never give up my athleticism.” Along with his athletics, he would never want to give up his bed.

If there was one food he had to eat for an entire year, it would be steak. Steak isn’t the only food he likes though. “Over the summer I baked some cookies,” Sonntag said. Other than cooking, another talent Sonntag wishes he could acquire is to “read people’s minds.”

Sonntag said, “My wallpaper (on phone) is a photo of me standing on the football field. It shows patriotism because of the flag in the background, and inspiring because of the angle and lighting it’s taken at. It’s a really cool pic.” The photo was taken by editor Taylor Hansen. One thing many people don’t know about Sonntag though is that “in 6th grade, my duplex got smoked out by my neighbor’s house fire.”

Profile written by: Tyler Moen and Emma Templeton