Getting to Know the Class of 2017: Paige Henderson

Senior spotlight featuring Paige Henderson.

Erin Wendt

Paige Henderson has always had a love for singing. Her love for singing is what helped her decide what she is planning to go to college for. She decided that she will attend a college and study music education. Henderson has been involved in choir ever since she was singing in a children’s choir when she lived in Ames.

Henderson has been involved in choir and show choir all four years of high school. She has run on the track team during her freshman, sophomore, and senior years and cross country her sophomore through senior year. Out of all of the activities she is a part of, choir is her favorite. “(I love) how much of a family we are because we are all so supportive of each other,” Henderson said. Ms. Gasser has been the most influential teacher in her high school career because she pushed all of her students to work hard. Henderson’s grandmother is the person who has influenced her the most in her life because she was a choir director and is the person who helped her get involved and stay in choir. Her grandmother also had an influence in what Henderson is pursuing in college. Henderson’s grandmother is also her role model for same reasons her grandmother is one of the biggest influencers in her life.

Henderson’s favorite school memory is when the Premier Show Choir made it to finals her sophomore year, and she her most proud moment was during the summer before her freshman year because she won the national cattle show. She would like to be remembered as someone who is always working hard and encouraging the younger classes to do their best in the activities they are participating in.