• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

Movie Review: Life As We Know It

Zoe Krueger - Film Critic

OPINION by Zoe Krueger

Realistically, the possibility of this happening is slim to none. But if two people who seem to be total opposites of each other are given a baby, and magically fall in love, I’d say this movie was a good portrayal of how the story would go.

The movie shows the conflict between the two main characters, Holly Berenson (Katherine Heigl) and Eric Messer (Josh Duhamel), and the relationship they have with their friends that keeps them in each other’s lives.  When fate strikes one night and leaves their friends’ baby orphaned, the lives of these two people drastically change forever.  As they try to adjust to their new environment and all the responsibilities of a baby, tension is apparent between the two.  As a series of events leads to Eric and Holly’s fight at the climax of the move, Eric is left with a decision that leaves Holly and baby Sophie abandoned. (At this point of the movie, I had cried multiple times. In my opinion, it was a very touching story.)

As the movie wrapped to a close–I won’t give the ending away–I left the theater teary-eyed and pleased. The movie has everything a chick-flick should include: love, laughs, and life.