Kids Night Out

Parents have the night off and kids have a great time. It’s the perfect combination.
Kids are enjoying cartoons in the library at Kids Night Out.
Edria Brummer

Atlantic High School Student Council will be hosting Kids’ Night Out on Friday, March 15 from 4-9 p.m. at Atlantic High School. This event is an evening filled with fun and games for everyone who attends. Sophomore Student Council member Aubrey Winford said there are some requirements to be able to attend. Kids between the ages of 3-14 are invited; however, they do need to be potty trained. The cost for the evening is $15 for the first child and $8 for each additional child. The Student Council would like kids to be pre-registered before the 15th but walk-ins are welcome the evening of the event. You can pre-register using the QR code found on flyers throughout the school and community (and this article). The QR code is also posted on the Atlantic Community School District Facebook page. The QR code will take you to a Google Doc that has seven simple questions to complete. 

2023 senior Charlotte Saluk plays a board game with a little girl during Kids Night Out. (Edria Brummer)

Student Council representatives are hoping that teachers and community members will take advantage of this opportunity. It is an ideal opportunity for a date night without having to secure a babysitter. Last year roughly 65 kids attended the Kids’ Night Out. Different areas of the school are set up to entertain the kids. The gym is filled with hula hoops, balls, and scooters. The commons area has coloring and board games and the library becomes a movie theater. Student Council members plan to keep the kids’ energy levels high by feeding them pizza and snacks! Kindergarten teacher Jill Dodson enjoyed dinner out with her husband while her kids attended Kids’ Night Out last year. She said, “The kids thought it was really fun and they loved the pizza.”

This is an opportunity for parents to have a night off and a chance to support the AHS Student Council, so make sure to take advantage of it.

Use this QR code to register for Kids Night Out, March 15, 2024. Student Council members will supervise your children!