• October 15The boys' and girls' varsity cross country teams will compete in Glenwood on Thursday at the State qualifying meet. Good luck!

• October 15Trojan football has their last game this Friday vs Red Oak. The theme is Pink Out!

Trojans Fall to Greene County

The Trojans walk off of the field.

The Trojans walk off of the field.

The Trojans walk off of the field.

The Trojans lost a tough game to the Greene County Rams on Friday night. The Rams were coming off of a tough loss to Kuemper Catholic, so the Trojans knew that they would be in for a tough matchup. It was the Rams’ homecoming game, and the kickoff time was set to 5 p.m., due to weather concerns.

The Rams started the game with the football. The Rams drove the ball down the field, but senior, Chase Mullenix intercepted the ball, giving the Trojans the ball at the Trojan 15-yard line. The Trojans couldn’t capitalize off of the turnover, as they were forced to punt. The Rams drove the ball down the field, but failed to pick up a first down on . This gave the Trojans the ball. However, the Rams forced a turnover, and got the ball back. The Trojan defense forced the Rams to punt after the Trojans’ turnover.

The Trojans drove the ball down the field. Chase Mullenix scored on a 1-yard touchdown run. However, the Rams responded with a touchdown of their own, making the score 7-7. The Trojans were unable to respond on their next drive, as they were forced to punt.

On the Rams’ next drive, they drove the ball down the field and scored a touchdown, making the score 7-14. However, the Trojans found a way to respond, as they scored a touchdown on a three-yard touchdown run by junior, Tyler Moen. This made the score 14-14. The Rams went for it on fourth down and one at the Trojan one yard line, but failed to convert. This brought the first half to a close.

The Trojans got the ball to start the second half. The Trojan offense drove the ball down the field, and scored a touchdown. Chase Mullenix threw a 36-yard touchdown pass to Tyler Moen. This made the score 21-14. However, the Rams would respond three plays later, with a touchdown of their own. The Trojans were unable to respond after the Ram touchdown, as they failed to convert on a fourth down and one.

The fourth quarter was ready to begin. The Rams were forced to punt, after taking over on downs, and the Trojans got the ball back. The Trojans went for it again on fourth down, but were unable to convert. This gave the Rams some momentum, as they ran for a 49-yard touchdown, making the score 28-21.

The Trojans were forced to give the ball back to the Rams on their next offensive series, and the Rams scored a touchdown, tying the game at 28. The Trojans were unable to respond to the score by the Rams, as they scored three straight touchdowns, making the final score 21-35.

The Trojans finished the game with 399 yards of offense, while the Rams finished with 440. Quarterback Chase Mullenix finished the game with 209 yards passing, one touchdown, and three interceptions. Tyler Moen finished the game with 62 yards and one touchdown, on 25 carries. Senior Zade Niklasen finished the game with 69 yards receiving.

The Trojans look to respond to a tough loss, as they take on the Shenandoah Mustangs (0-7) this Friday in Shenandoah. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.

Connor Church, Editor

Journalism editor Connor Church (Churchy) has a few stories under his belt from his time as a journalist. His first ever published piece is titled, “AHS Finds a Lack of Student Participation in School Events,” and was written with Trey Cappel. Churchy also writes sports stories, specifically football for the fall season. “I love the game of football and I just find that writing stories comes naturally,” Churchy said. He also mentioned that he likes to interview people and “talk to the athletes around the school.” His first sports interview was with junior Bradley Dennis about track. He joined journalism because he “saw everybody else doing it” and was told by Berryhill that he could be part of the newspaper team and write sports stories.

Journalism isn’t the only thing Churchy has in mind. He is interested in going to Wartburg or Iowa State to look further into sports announcing or sticking to his roots as a sports journalist. “I’m also looking into stepping away from journalism and I would work at Gillette’s children hospital because I feel like I would want to help kids that are going through the same thing I went through and make their situation easier and help them have a better life like I’ve had so far,” Churchy said.

Churchy’s cat is on the top of his list of favorite things, and he said, “I love my cat, Stormy. I got him four years ago after my previous cat died and he’s given me a lot of joy and happiness. He does whatever his little heart desires.” You can also find him cheering on his favorite sports teams: the Packers, Twins and the Minnesota Wild.

Story by Camryn Church, Dajai Wesson and Haylie Handel