• September 25Good luck to the Trojans as they take on the OABCIG Falcons for the Homecoming game!

• September 25It's homecoming week! Participate in dress days and other activities to earn points for your grade!

• September 19Float building starts tonight!!

• August 27We encourage everyone to order a yearbook!

Eye of the Needle Aug. 31, 2018

Episode 6.1

Halsey Bailey, Noah Rutherford, Aleigh Bean, Kelsie Siedlik, Katie Saluk, Alex Harper, Connor Church, Brandon Woodard, Anna Lowary, Chloe Davis, and McKenzie Waters

Eye of the Needle Episode 6.1
Aug. 31, 2018

Eye of the Needle Episode 6.1 Aug. 31, 2018

Featuring School News: new teachers, A-O period; Fine Arts: marching band, All-State try-outs, Swiba Honor Band, Show Choir, Speech/Debate/Fall Play meeting; Sports: Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls’Swimming; Specials: Fischer Photography ad, Behind the Doors of each classroom, Noah welcomes the freshmen.

About the Videographers
Halsey Bailey, EON Anchor, Business Manager
Halsey Bailey is a junior at Atlantic High School. She is a business manager for AHS Journalism as well as the Fine Arts Anchor for Eye of the Needle. “I enjoy broadcasting and the behind-the-scenes like behind the camera stuff.” She is most proud of writing senior spotlights and directing a video about tattoos. Bailey...
Noah Rutherford, Trojan buzz Anchor
Noah Rutherford films for the “Trojan Buzz,” a section of The Eye of the Needle. “I edit and on camera for the buzz,” Rutherford said. The video he is most proud of in his segment was when he covered the new movie “It” and people’s fear of clowns. While working in journalism, Rutherford says that...
Aleigh Bean, Journalism Production Student
Atlantic High School sophomore, Aleigh Bean, is a member of AHS journalism. In her freetime she does track and dance. “I enjoy running track because the team makes the running part a lot better.” Bean said. She has been in dance since she was three years old and has been in track since middle school....
Kelsie Siedlik, Journalism Production Student
Sophomore Kelsie Siedlik is a journalism production student with an interest in broadcasting. “It makes me feel like I’m in charge almost,” she said. She enjoys the editing aspect of broadcasting. Siedlik is also involved in student council, AHS Fuel, Cross Country, and track. In her free time, she watches Netflix or Hulu and eats...
Connor Church, Journalism Production Student
Connor Church is a journalism production student who likes to take video. He likes to talk with people and get to know them through the interviews. Church says he is a “big sports guy.” He likes to watch the Twins and the Packers in his free time. He also likes to take walks with his...
Brandon Woodard, Journalism Production Student
Brandon Woodard is a junior and first year JP student that has a passion for editing. Woodards most liked project was the “Best Memes of 2017” with Marcus Duranceau and Noah Rutherford. In addition to journalism Woodard works seasonally at Waypoint Analytical, where he tests soil. In his free time Woodard likes to “hang with...
Anna Lowary, Journalism Production Student
Anna Lowary is currently a first year journalism student who enjoys making and editing videos for the journalism department. “I like journalism because it gives you an opportunity to try new things. I would have never tried to take pictures or edit videos before being in this class.” Other activities Lowary is involved in are...
Chloe Davis, Journalism Production Student
Atlantic High School sophomore Chloe Davis is a member of the AHS Journalism Team. Davis is employed at Salute Gymnastics. “I enjoy motivating young gymnasts to better themselves, both as an individual and an athlete,” Davis said. Davis works there every Monday and Thursday. In her free time, Davis likes to go to Rancho and...
McKenzie Waters, Journalism Production Student
Sophomore McKenzie Waters, enjoys her time as a member of the AHS journalism team. She loves the opportunity to write stories, take pictures, and interview students. “I am most proud of the girls basketball story I wrote alongside my partner, Chloe Davis,” Waters said. Outside of school, she dedicates her time to participating in various...