• October 15The boys' and girls' varsity cross country teams will compete in Glenwood on Thursday at the State qualifying meet. Good luck!

• October 15Trojan football has their last game this Friday vs Red Oak. The theme is Pink Out!

The Wrecks Music — Review

The Wrecks performed at the Reverb Lounge along with the Technicolors and Vesperteen.

WAY WITH WORDS- The Wrecks perform on stage. The Wrecks have been on tour since October and will play their last show in December.

Grace Clay

OMAHA, NE — At Reverb Lounge late at night on November 1, The Technicolors, Vesperteen, and The Wrecks had a shot at playing in the bar venue. The first to play were The Technicolors. They played a few songs like “Space Cadet” and “Tonight You Are Mine.” The next band to play was Vesperteen. They played a cover of Guns and Roses’ “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Insane” which just came out earlier this year.

The Wrecks are an up and coming band who are based out of Los Angeles, CA. They played “I Don’t Like You,” which is part of their first EP, along with “Turn It Up,” and “Favorite Liar,” both of which were also played. The Wrecks also played four new songs that have not been released yet. One of these songs was “Panic Vertigo,” which is brand new and this was one of the first times they had played it live. Another song they played was “Way With Words.” They also played “James Dean,” and “Life.” Before they played “Life,” the lead vocalist, Nick Anderson, said he had written the song when he was nineteen and it was about how he realised he did not know everything.

In an online interview with Rob Herrera from Front Row Live, frontrowliveent on YouTube, two members of The Wrecks, Nick Anderson and Aaron Kelley, talk about their upcoming EP (short for ‘Extended Play’). An Extended Play is longer than a single but not quite long enough to be an album, or LP, which is another name for album.  The new EP will be called “Sophomore,” and according to Anderson, will be released at some point later this year.

Junior Dylan Litty, and sophomore Cole Sampson both said they enjoyed listening to The Wrecks’ music.

The Robot Army Tour, which is the tour The Wrecks are currently on, is their first headlining tour. Their next show is in Florida on November 9.

Grace Clay, Editor

A new school year also means another year of writing AHSneedle stories for editor Grace Clay. Now a junior in high school, Clay enjoys writing stories for the website and says it’s “just really fun.” She enjoys the environment that her fellow editors in journalism provide. “The conversations we have are pretty great,” Clay said. Another thing she likes is the freedom she has when writing. Other than writing the “newsy stuff,” she has also been able to voice her opinion on reviews. She created her favorite piece of work her sophomore year: a review of a concert from a band called “The Wrecks.” Her future plans are undecided, as her career choices have been “all over the place.” She said, “from being a forensic scientist to a movie director, it changes every day.” Clay has four dogs, Scooter, Myah, Winchester and Duke, and two cats, Gizmo and Rigby, whom she loves very much. She also loves her favorite food, lasagna, and said that she “couldn’t live without it.”

Story by Da’Jai Wesson