• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

FAR EAST MOVEMENT: Up-and-coming Artist –Review by Behka Koontz

If you listen to radio, watch TV or surf the web, chances are you’ve heard “Like a G6.”  This song is taking the nation by storm, creating fans for the band Far East Movement over night.

Far East Movement describes their music as “Free Wired,” as it is a cross of hip-hop, pop, electro and other genres.  Far East Movement is made up of four band members; all of Asian decent.  They can often be seen wearing skinny jeans and shutter shades.  They say they always stay free to “’geek out’ 25 hours a day, eight days a week.”  Far East Movement has already put out their debut CD named “Free Wired.”  (Which is available at Walmart and other local stores.)  Their CD has received high marks for its individuality and new sound.  Songs from this CD and others unreleased have been showcased in shows such as CSI, The Fast and the Furious, America’s Best Dance Crew, and Gossip Girl.

Far East Movement is on its way up and Atlantic High School will be waiting for their next hit song.

Source: http://www.fareastmovement.com/bio/