• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

CLASSY by Derek Blasberg – Book Review

by Behka Koontz

“Exceptional advice for the extremely modern lady” is stamped across the front of this turquoise book.  It makes the book sound as though it is a prim and proper book for those who are serious about etiquette, but author Derek Blasberg adds a touch of humor and real-life experiences to make it realistic and readable.  It achieves the goals of making every girl feel like she can be a lady.  However, the book is more of a pep talk about treating yourself well, rather than the tricks of etiquette.  The majority of the information covered is common sense, while there are good lessons about using chopsticks or setting a table.  That said, the playful lessons, witty retorts, true-life stories of Blasberg’s girlfriends, and quotes from “ladies” throughout history make this book interesting and applicable to today’s society.  This is a great book to read if you enjoy learning how to better yourself as a woman but cannot stand reading stuffy magazines and books like your mother.

1 Comment

One Response to “CLASSY by Derek Blasberg – Book Review”

1. Beverly Schelling on December 1st, 2010 10:06 am

Behka–Humor adds a lot to any book. Thanks for your review of this book!

CLASSY by Derek Blasberg – Book Review