All Skin Deserves Care

Most people use a skincare routine. Skincare routines have been found to not only help heal your skin but also boost your self esteem.
Gracie DeArment

Skincare is extremely important for your skin. AltaMed said, “Your skin is your armor. After all, skin is the body’s largest organ, and part of its purpose is to serve as a barrier and protect us from the environment.” Many people utilize skincare routines, but everyone’s skin is unique and needs different things.

According to junior Jocey McEntaffer, “A routine can prevent acne, prevent clogged pores, and make you feel refreshed for the day.” Every night, McEntaffer has a few skincare steps so she can do those things. The first thing she does is wash her face with room temperature water and benzoyl peroxide CeraVe 4 percent wash. Then she uses CeraVe nighttime moisturizer (two pumps) on both cheeks, forehead, and chin. She then uses retinol 0.1 percent and 0.1 percent tretinoin creams. To finish her routine, she dries her face using a towel from Target. 

Skincare helps me feel more confident in my skin.

— Kyra Rink

AltaMed said, “Good skin also has a mental health component. It can improve our appearance and self-esteem.” Senior Kyra Rink echoes this sentiment: “Skincare helps me feel more confident in my skin.” Rink’s skincare routine consists of many things. She starts by splashing cool water on her face. Rink then uses The Ordinary Cleansing Bomb to remove her makeup. To make sure she gets all of her makeup off, she washes her face using the CeraVe foaming facial cleanser. Then she uses retinol Differin’. To end her skincare routine, Rink uses CeraVe facial lotion.

“Skincare is a daily thing for me to get ready,” said sophomore Jayci Reed. Reed starts by washing her face using PanOxyl face wash. She drys her face using singular towels from Amazon. After that, she uses alcohol wipes on her blemishes. Following that, she uses Paula’s Choice toner. Reed then uses two products from Drunk Elephant: polypeptide lotion and eye serum. To finish off Reed’s skincare routine, she uses The Ordinary Hydraulic Drops or Glow Recipe Dewdrops. 

“Good skincare doesn’t have to involve a complex routine. Basic steps go a long way to giving your skin the pampering it deserves,” according to AltaMed.