Distinguished Sites Banner
Weather

• 10 PM
    65 °
  • 11 PM
    64 °
  • 12 AM
    63 °
  • 1 AM
    62 °
  • 2 AM
    62 °
  • 3 AM
    61 °
  • 4 AM
    61 °
  • 5 AM
    60 °
  • 6 AM
    61 °
  • 7 AM
    63 °
  • 8 AM
    66 °
  • 9 AM
    69 °
  • 10 AM
    72 °
  • 11 AM
    74 °
  • 12 PM
    76 °
  • 1 PM
    78 °
  • 2 PM
    79 °
  • 3 PM
    80 °
  • 4 PM
    80 °
  • 5 PM
    80 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    73 °
  • 9 PM
    71 °
  • 10 PM
    69 °
July 21
77°/ 59°
Patchy rain nearby
July 22
81°/ 60°
Patchy rain nearby
July 23
82°/ 62°
Patchy rain nearby
SAAC - The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is made up of 14 girls from all corners of Iowa. The girls met at the IGHSAU headquarters in Des Moines.
Empowering Today to Lead Tomorrow
Claire Pellett, AHS Needle Lead Editor • April 30, 2024

FOCUS - Junior Hailey Huffman focuses on nocking her arrow to get the perfect shot. Huffman  made sure her stance was strong and her bow arm did not shake. Huffman shot 3D where she shot all the different animals at all different distances.
Archery Is On the Rise
Anna Potts, Editor • February 23, 2024

Archery- in its tenth year at AHS, the sport is gaining numbers and more of its events are gaining publicity. On Feb. 25, Atlantic is hosting...

Fletcher Toft and Megan Birge dance with glee as vampire villian siblings plotting to kill human students. The play New Kids at Vampire High will be performed on Friday and Saturday nights at 7 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Sunday.
The Point Episode 11: Spring Play Special
Ella Meyer and Kate NicholsMarch 15, 2024

Hosts Ella and Kate talk with some members of the upcoming spring play "New Kids at Vampire High." Music by AHS graduate Evan Brummer.

IHSSA State Debate last January.
The Road to National Qualifiers
Alyssa Neal, Writer/Editor • February 9, 2024

It’s that time of year when AHS Speech and Debate heads to National Qualifiers, or “nat quals” as the team likes to call them. There are...

The Point Episode 14: Goodbye Seniors
Kate Nichols and Ella MeyerMay 15, 2024

Hosts Kate and Ella talk with AHS seniors about their high school career and their futures. Music by AHS graduate Evan Brummer. This...

THINK ABOUT IT - Kylie Templeton contemplates her answer as she takes one of the Intro to Journalism students quiz.
Buzzfeed Quizzes 2023-2024
Intro to Journalism StudentsMay 9, 2024

Annabelle Meyer and Aubrey Winford: What AHS Car Parker Are You? Aunika Darrow and Rylee Bengel: What Type of Lift Style Are You? Addison...

All Skin Deserves Care

Most people use a skincare routine. Skincare routines have been found to not only help heal your skin but also boost your self esteem.
Gracie DeArment

Skincare is extremely important for your skin. AltaMed said, “Your skin is your armor. After all, skin is the body’s largest organ, and part of its purpose is to serve as a barrier and protect us from the environment.” Many people utilize skincare routines, but everyone’s skin is unique and needs different things.

According to junior Jocey McEntaffer, “A routine can prevent acne, prevent clogged pores, and make you feel refreshed for the day.” Every night, McEntaffer has a few skincare steps so she can do those things. The first thing she does is wash her face with room temperature water and benzoyl peroxide CeraVe 4 percent wash. Then she uses CeraVe nighttime moisturizer (two pumps) on both cheeks, forehead, and chin. She then uses retinol 0.1 percent and 0.1 percent tretinoin creams. To finish her routine, she dries her face using a towel from Target. 

Skincare helps me feel more confident in my skin.

— Kyra Rink

AltaMed said, “Good skin also has a mental health component. It can improve our appearance and self-esteem.” Senior Kyra Rink echoes this sentiment: “Skincare helps me feel more confident in my skin.” Rink’s skincare routine consists of many things. She starts by splashing cool water on her face. Rink then uses The Ordinary Cleansing Bomb to remove her makeup. To make sure she gets all of her makeup off, she washes her face using the CeraVe foaming facial cleanser. Then she uses retinol Differin’. To end her skincare routine, Rink uses CeraVe facial lotion.

“Skincare is a daily thing for me to get ready,” said sophomore Jayci Reed. Reed starts by washing her face using PanOxyl face wash. She drys her face using singular towels from Amazon. After that, she uses alcohol wipes on her blemishes. Following that, she uses Paula’s Choice toner. Reed then uses two products from Drunk Elephant: polypeptide lotion and eye serum. To finish off Reed’s skincare routine, she uses The Ordinary Hydraulic Drops or Glow Recipe Dewdrops. 

“Good skincare doesn’t have to involve a complex routine. Basic steps go a long way to giving your skin the pampering it deserves,” according to AltaMed.