Seniors Say Goodbye to Homecoming

From football to band, seniors Thomas Leonard and Addie Welsh reflect back on their high school homecomings.
Nissa Molgaard

With Homecoming underway, seniors are able to reflect on the past four years and look back at the impacts Atlantic High School has had on their lives. From football to band, the whole school joins together to celebrate the school during Homecoming week.
Number 73 on the football field, senior Thomas Leonard is excited about Homecoming. His favorite parts of Homecoming are the dance, the game, and dress-up days. Leonard said, “I love dress-up days. I think we should have more of them.” He enjoys the dance as well, and said, “No matter if it’s dancing by myself, or dancing in the mosh pit, it’s gonna be fun.” Leonard has been involved in football for six years, and chose to stay involved because “the coaches are great.” This year the team had the opportunity to “coach little kids,” with Leonard remembering “being that little kid and getting coached by the high schoolers.” He enjoys “getting to return the favor,” and teaching the kids about football.
Standing tall with a foot-long plume, senior Addie Welsh is a clarinet with the AHS marching band. Welsh tries to be as involved as possible with Homecoming, and said “I loved building the Trojan on last year’s float.” With that tying into her favorite memory, the 2022-23 school year float building. Welsh is looking forward to float building this year and continuing the senior’s winning streak.
Whether or not you’re in the stands or on the field, Homecoming impacts everyone. Seniors Thomas Leonard and Addie Welsh have both faced the different impacts and effects Homecoming has had on their lives.

View Comments (1)