• April 19Girls' soccer is home on Monday against Collins-Maxwell. Good luck!

• April 19Good luck to the boys' soccer team in Creston on Monday! JV kicks off at 5 p.m., with varsity to follow.

• April 19Both track teams will participate in the Co-Ed Ram Invite on Monday. Good luck!

• April 19The Trojan tennis teams take on Harlan on Monday. Boys are at home, and girls are on the road. Good luck!

• April 19Boys' golf will be participating in the Monarch Invitational on Monday. Good luck!

• April 19The girls' golf team will be participating in an invitational on Monday. Good luck!

Girls’ Track Finishes Second and First

The girls' team brought home a second place finish at the Cardinal Relays and first at the Koos Relays.

Girls’ Track Finishes Second and First

NECK AND NECK - Junior Aleigh Bean inches ahead of her opponent as she flies to the finish. Bean has been involved with Track & Field since her freshman year.

The Trojan girls’ track team kicked off the week on Tuesday night in Clarinda, where the team finished second to Glenwood.

Starting off the night in long jump, Haley Rasmussen finished first and Grace Bruckner finished third, scoring a total of 16 points for the Trojans. The girls continued to perform well with the sprint medley relay of Aspen Niklasen, Cambry Miller, Taylor Hansen and Alyssa Derby finishing first. In the 3000m run Taylor McCreedy placed first with a time of 11:05, which is a PR for the season. Addison DeArment also competed in the 3000m run and placed third.

Pluma Pross, Kennedy Goergen, Karsyn Rush and Abby Altman made up the 4x800m relay and finished in third place. The shuttle hurdle relay finished first and included Heidi Williams, Mia Trotter, Caroline Pellett, and Anna Lowary. Another third place finish was earned by the distance medley team of Aleigh Bean, Madison Botos, Hansen and Goergen. Two girls finished in the top three during the 400-meter dash: Rasmussen in first and Pross in third. Rasmussen also placed second in the 200-meter dash and Derby was not far behind in third. McCreedy finished second in the 800-meter run and Rush finished fourth. The Trojan girls also had two runners in the top three for the 400m hurdles, including Williams in second and Lowary in third.

Botos finished fourth in the 1500m run, and the 4x100m relay also finished fourth and was composed of Tayler Burg, Miller, Bean and Niklasen. To finish the night, the 4x400m relay of Derby, McCreedy, Pross and Rasmussen finished first.

On the JV side, Tori Steinhoff, Katie Rothfusz, Kenzie Hoffman and Kelsie Siedlik finished fifth in the sprint medley. In the 400m dash, Steinhoff had a first place finish and Siedlik finished sixth. Trotter finished third in the 200m dash and the 4x100m relay team of Felicity Swanson, Steinhoff, Trotter and Hoffman finished third.

The Trojans traveled to Harlan on Thursday to compete in the Koos Relays, where they took home the gold. Points were awarded out to eighth place, so every fight to the finish mattered. For field events, Rasmussen finished third in long jump and Bruckner finished eighth.

Starting off the running events, the sprint medley finished sixth and consisted of Niklasen, Miller, Hansen and Derby. McCreedy finished first in the 3000m run and DeArment finished fifth. The 4x800m relay, including Goergen, Pross, Botos and Rush, finished third. The shuttle hurdle also finished third with the same girls from Clarinda.

The distance medley brought home a first place finish with a team of Hansen, Bean, Derby and McCreedy. Trojan girls finished one-two in the 400m dash with Rasmussen in first and Pross in second. Again, the Trojans went one-two in the 200m dash with Rasmussen and Derby. Rush placed third in the 800m run and Williams ran a PR in the 400m hurdles with 73 seconds and a third-place finish. Lowary also ran the 400m hurdles and placed sixth. McCreedy finished first in the 1500m run and Botos finished second, running a PR of 5:25. To conclude the meet, the 4x400m relay consisting of Pross, Rush, Goergen and Rasmussen finished first.

Kennedy Goergen, Staff Writer

You don’t see Kennedy Goergen very often outside of the field, gym, or track. In her free time, she enjoys focusing on her sports, especially her favorite...