• September 25Good luck to the Trojans as they take on the OABCIG Falcons for the Homecoming game!

• September 25It's homecoming week! Participate in dress days and other activities to earn points for your grade!

• September 19Float building starts tonight!!

• August 27We encourage everyone to order a yearbook!

Eye of the Needle Sept. 7, 2018

Featuring School News: A-O period, new 3:13 schedule, EON publication schedule; Fine Arts: marching band performed Broadway Show, show choir rehearsing Hero Show, All-State groups assigned; Sports: Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls’Swimming; Specials: J&J Custom Graphis ad, Meet Mr. Mitchell, Challenge the Trojan (featuring Addison Schmitt, Braden Smith, McCade Stillian, Gracie McKinney)

About the Writers
Grace Bruckner, Journalism Production Student
Atlantic High School Journalism Production student Grace Bruckner “enjoys editing the videos and trying different things.” Grace’s brother Noah, is also involved with the Eye of the Needle. She also has a younger sister named Ava. She has three dogs and a cat. In her free time, Grace is in cross country, and track. “In...
Pluma Pross, Journalism Production Student
Sophomore Pluma Pross is a journalism production student at Atlantic High School. Pross has been involved in cross country and track since 7th grade. Pross runs anything from a 200m-3,000m race. In Pross’s free time she enjoys watching “Gossip Girl” and walking her dogs. Fredward J (that is not a typo), a mutt, has been...
Halsey Bailey, EON Anchor, Business Manager
Halsey Bailey is a junior at Atlantic High School. She is a business manager for AHS Journalism as well as the Fine Arts Anchor for Eye of the Needle. “I enjoy broadcasting and the behind-the-scenes like behind the camera stuff.” She is most proud of writing senior spotlights and directing a video about tattoos. Bailey...
Aleigh Bean, Journalism Production Student
Atlantic High School sophomore, Aleigh Bean, is a member of AHS journalism. In her freetime she does track and dance. “I enjoy running track because the team makes the running part a lot better.” Bean said. She has been in dance since she was three years old and has been in track since middle school....
Kelsie Siedlik, Journalism Production Student
Sophomore Kelsie Siedlik is a journalism production student with an interest in broadcasting. “It makes me feel like I’m in charge almost,” she said. She enjoys the editing aspect of broadcasting. Siedlik is also involved in student council, AHS Fuel, Cross Country, and track. In her free time, she watches Netflix or Hulu and eats...
Lucas Behrens, Journalism Production Student
Sophomore Lucas Behrens is a Journalism Production student who has a passion for video recording and editing. One of Behrens’ favorite projects that he has done in journalism so far is his video about history teacher Tony Wiley. The most significant story that Behrens has worked on so far was “The Cost of Band Explained.”...
Chloe Davis, Journalism Production Student
Atlantic High School sophomore Chloe Davis is a member of the AHS Journalism Team. Davis is employed at Salute Gymnastics. “I enjoy motivating young gymnasts to better themselves, both as an individual and an athlete,” Davis said. Davis works there every Monday and Thursday. In her free time, Davis likes to go to Rancho and...
Anna Lowary, Journalism Production Student
Anna Lowary is currently a first year journalism student who enjoys making and editing videos for the journalism department. “I like journalism because it gives you an opportunity to try new things. I would have never tried to take pictures or edit videos before being in this class.” Other activities Lowary is involved in are...
McKenzie Waters, Journalism Production Student
Sophomore McKenzie Waters, enjoys her time as a member of the AHS journalism team. She loves the opportunity to write stories, take pictures, and interview students. “I am most proud of the girls basketball story I wrote alongside my partner, Chloe Davis,” Waters said. Outside of school, she dedicates her time to participating in various...