• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

Avengers: Infinity War — Review

Avengers: Infinity War was released on April 27, 2018.

Avengers: Infinity War — Review

Grace Clay

WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SOME MINOR SPOILERS

“Avengers: Infinity War” is the latest installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe or MCU. Infinity War is an accumulation of most superheroes already a part of the MCU, including Doctor Strange (played by Benedict Cumberbatch), Iron Man (played by Robert Downey Jr.), Spider-Man (played by Tom Holland) and Captain America (played by Chris Evans).

While I enjoyed many things about this movie, what was most notable to me was the acting. I believe the casting directors chose the best people for their respective roles. My favorite was Tom Holland’s portrayal of Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man, but Chris Pratt is also a pretty great Star-Lord. Holland gives Peter a quirkiness as if his head is in the clouds all the time. Junior Brandon Woodard said the character is “never 100 percent on topic…he never says exactly what he thinks,” which adds humor to the movie. I was also fond of Iron Man’s new suit, along with Spidey’s.

Another thing I enjoyed about this movie was the action sequences and there were many, many of them. In my opinion, while I’m no expert, they were very well put together. I enjoyed watching Spider-Man team up with Doctor Strange to kick some Thanos butt. For example, there’s a fight involving Doctor Strange, Spider-Man and others where Doctor Strange is using his portal powers to have Spider-Man kick or punch Thanos in the face.

There were times in the movie when I was a bit confused as to which setting the scene was taking place in because there was so much happening at once, and something I wish they would have done is make it a bit easier to understand what was happening at certain parts. I also wish Ant-Man and Hawkeye were included in the cast. However, according to The Wrap there will be another Ant-Man movie released later this year (July 6) that will take place while the rest of the Avengers are otherwise engaged.

Altogether I would rate this movie a five out of five stars for its actors, action scenes and overall plot. If you’ve sat down and watched the other movies in the MCU, I would definitely recommend this one. If not, I would recommend watching the previous installments before this one.

Grace Clay, Editor

A new school year also means another year of writing AHSneedle stories for editor Grace Clay. Now a junior in high school, Clay enjoys writing stories...