• October 15The boys' and girls' varsity cross country teams will compete in Glenwood on Thursday at the State qualifying meet. Good luck!

• October 15Trojan football has their last game this Friday vs Red Oak. The theme is Pink Out!

Avengers: Infinity War — Review

Avengers: Infinity War was released on April 27, 2018.

Grace Clay

WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SOME MINOR SPOILERS

“Avengers: Infinity War” is the latest installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe or MCU. Infinity War is an accumulation of most superheroes already a part of the MCU, including Doctor Strange (played by Benedict Cumberbatch), Iron Man (played by Robert Downey Jr.), Spider-Man (played by Tom Holland) and Captain America (played by Chris Evans).

While I enjoyed many things about this movie, what was most notable to me was the acting. I believe the casting directors chose the best people for their respective roles. My favorite was Tom Holland’s portrayal of Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man, but Chris Pratt is also a pretty great Star-Lord. Holland gives Peter a quirkiness as if his head is in the clouds all the time. Junior Brandon Woodard said the character is “never 100 percent on topic…he never says exactly what he thinks,” which adds humor to the movie. I was also fond of Iron Man’s new suit, along with Spidey’s.

Another thing I enjoyed about this movie was the action sequences and there were many, many of them. In my opinion, while I’m no expert, they were very well put together. I enjoyed watching Spider-Man team up with Doctor Strange to kick some Thanos butt. For example, there’s a fight involving Doctor Strange, Spider-Man and others where Doctor Strange is using his portal powers to have Spider-Man kick or punch Thanos in the face.

There were times in the movie when I was a bit confused as to which setting the scene was taking place in because there was so much happening at once, and something I wish they would have done is make it a bit easier to understand what was happening at certain parts. I also wish Ant-Man and Hawkeye were included in the cast. However, according to The Wrap there will be another Ant-Man movie released later this year (July 6) that will take place while the rest of the Avengers are otherwise engaged.

Altogether I would rate this movie a five out of five stars for its actors, action scenes and overall plot. If you’ve sat down and watched the other movies in the MCU, I would definitely recommend this one. If not, I would recommend watching the previous installments before this one.

Grace Clay, Editor

A new school year also means another year of writing AHSneedle stories for editor Grace Clay. Now a junior in high school, Clay enjoys writing stories for the website and says it’s “just really fun.” She enjoys the environment that her fellow editors in journalism provide. “The conversations we have are pretty great,” Clay said. Another thing she likes is the freedom she has when writing. Other than writing the “newsy stuff,” she has also been able to voice her opinion on reviews. She created her favorite piece of work her sophomore year: a review of a concert from a band called “The Wrecks.” Her future plans are undecided, as her career choices have been “all over the place.” She said, “from being a forensic scientist to a movie director, it changes every day.” Clay has four dogs, Scooter, Myah, Winchester and Duke, and two cats, Gizmo and Rigby, whom she loves very much. She also loves her favorite food, lasagna, and said that she “couldn’t live without it.”

Story by Da’Jai Wesson