• November 12There is an All State music festival this Thursday Friday and Saturday!

• November 12There is an FFA meeting tomorrow at 6:30 in Mr. Miller's room.

NEWS BRIEF – State Show Choir

AHS hosts six schools for state show choir competition.

PUPPET MASTER--Aaron Rothfusz sings his solo at Swing Inn, following the theme of the show as the puppeteer. Rothfusz is one of four soloists in this year's

PUPPET MASTER--Aaron Rothfusz sings his solo at Swing Inn, following the theme of the show as the puppeteer. Rothfusz is one of four soloists in this year's "Dreams" show of 2017-2018.

State show choir is being held at Atlantic High School today, Jan. 29. Performances start at 4 p.m. and end at 9:10 p.m. The Atlantic Diversity performance takes place at 4:40 p.m. and the Premiere show choir performs at 6 p.m.

Performances will take place in the auditorium, and the entrance fee is $6 for adults and $3 for students. Both Atlantic groups perform, as well as many other schools with show choirs of varying sizes.

The schools use classrooms as their “homerooms” where they get ready to perform. For instance, some classrooms used will include rooms 401 and 403, inhabited by Atlantic students.

Stop by tonight to watch the great variety of show choirs who will be performing, and stay to watch them help each other improve.

Anastasia Muell, Editor

With the aspiration of reaching her audience and providing them with accurate and engaging information, Anastasia Muell acts as an editor of AHSneedle, the official news website of Atlantic High School.

Muell is currently tasked with writing news briefs as well as writing other stories to provide information to students. Alongside the inclusion of these works, her published pieces feature a variety of individual topics, both challenging and exciting for Muell. Her most demanding story was written near the beginning of the school year, presenting important details about a technological issue within the online textbooks. She was charged with the expectation of interviewing students, though not many knew about the issue. Despite this difficulty, Muell has encountered a lot of great experiences in journalism, with her favorite being the painting of her ceiling tile, something advisor Allison Berryhill does with all editors. Muell said that seeing everyone “create something was fun,” allowing her classmates to have an individualistic approach upon their environment.

Outside of journalism, Muell can be found hard at work with band and choir, alongside being a member of the soccer team. Busy yet enthusiastic, she said her goals this year are to improve on her writing abilities while also getting ideas out to a wide audience. With this in mind, the start of the new year is sure to bring compelling stories her way.

Story by Shayla Luke