Trojan Tennis Takes on the Knights

The boys’ and girls’ tennis teams kick off the season against Kuemper.

Jena Brosam, Editor in Chief

On Tuesday, April 4, the Trojan tennis teams played the Carroll Kuemper Knights for their first meet of the 2017 season. The girl’s played the Knights at home, and were defeated 9-0. The boy’s traveled to Carroll and won 6-3.

In singles all the girls were defeated beginning with number one junior Heather Freund losing 1-8, number two senior Carly Westphalen 1-8, number three freshman Emma Templeton 1-8, number four freshman Chloe Davis 0-8, number five senior Ashley Freund 0-8, and number six freshman Hana Holtz 1-8.

In doubles, the number one duo of H. Freund and Westphalen lost 1-8, Templeton and Davis playing number two lost 1-8, and playing number three A. Freund and Holtz lost 1-8.

On the boys’ side, number one junior Grant Podhajsky lost 8-10, number two junior Cooper McDermott won 10-6, number three junior Kalob Flory lost 4-10, number four junior Luke Hohenberger won 10-6, number five senior Caleb Williams won 10-3, and number six freshman Nile Petersen won 10-1.

In doubles, number one- and last year’s State participants- Podhajsky and McDermott lost 8-10, playing number two Flory and Williams won 10-8, and the number three team of Hohenberger and Petersen won 10-7.

Both boy’s and girl’s teams play on Thursday, April 6, against Creston. The boy’s play at home, and the girl’s play in Creston.