• April 19Girls' soccer is home on Monday against Collins-Maxwell. Good luck!

• April 19Good luck to the boys' soccer team in Creston on Monday! JV kicks off at 5 p.m., with varsity to follow.

• April 19Both track teams will participate in the Co-Ed Ram Invite on Monday. Good luck!

• April 19The Trojan tennis teams take on Harlan on Monday. Boys are at home, and girls are on the road. Good luck!

• April 19Boys' golf will be participating in the Monarch Invitational on Monday. Good luck!

• April 19The girls' golf team will be participating in an invitational on Monday. Good luck!

Seniors not taking ASVAB test

Senior Toni Swanson

by Stephanie Pross

In previous years, while freshmen, sophomores, and juniors took the ITEDS, seniors took the the entrance test for the United States Military known as the ASVAB. This year, however, seniors will not be taking the test.

Principal Heather McKay said, “There was a change in the testing schedule this year; therefore, I asked the military if there was any way the ASVAB test could be split into three separate days, and they said it wasn’t possible.”

Taking the ASVAB test has benefits in addition to entrance into military.  Guidance counselor Creg Fredin said a benefit of the ASVAB test is the range of skills it measures. “The ASVAB test shows a range of skills.  The skills are very specific, one example being mechanical skills, while the ACT is all academic.”

Senior Heather Harris said, “The test doesn’t pertain to me, so I don’t have to waste my time taking it.”

Because testing is taking place during the first period of the day, seniors have been allowed to stay home during the testing period.