Distinguished Sites Banner
Weather

• 3 AM
    56 °
  • 4 AM
    56 °
  • 5 AM
    56 °
  • 6 AM
    56 °
  • 7 AM
    57 °
  • 8 AM
    59 °
  • 9 AM
    62 °
  • 10 AM
    64 °
  • 11 AM
    66 °
  • 12 PM
    68 °
  • 1 PM
    70 °
  • 2 PM
    72 °
  • 3 PM
    72 °
  • 4 PM
    73 °
  • 5 PM
    72 °
  • 6 PM
    71 °
  • 7 PM
    70 °
  • 8 PM
    69 °
  • 9 PM
    69 °
  • 10 PM
    69 °
  • 11 PM
    70 °
  • 12 AM
    70 °
  • 1 AM
    71 °
  • 2 AM
    71 °
  • 3 AM
    71 °
July 1
74°/ 55°
Heavy rain
July 2
87°/ 70°
Moderate rain
July 3
76°/ 65°
Partly Cloudy
SAAC - The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is made up of 14 girls from all corners of Iowa. The girls met at the IGHSAU headquarters in Des Moines.
Empowering Today to Lead Tomorrow
Claire Pellett, AHS Needle Lead Editor • April 30, 2024

FOCUS - Junior Hailey Huffman focuses on nocking her arrow to get the perfect shot. Huffman  made sure her stance was strong and her bow arm did not shake. Huffman shot 3D where she shot all the different animals at all different distances.
Archery Is On the Rise
Anna Potts, Editor • February 23, 2024

Archery- in its tenth year at AHS, the sport is gaining numbers and more of its events are gaining publicity. On Feb. 25, Atlantic is hosting...

Fletcher Toft and Megan Birge dance with glee as vampire villian siblings plotting to kill human students. The play New Kids at Vampire High will be performed on Friday and Saturday nights at 7 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Sunday.
The Point Episode 11: Spring Play Special
Ella Meyer and Kate NicholsMarch 15, 2024

Hosts Ella and Kate talk with some members of the upcoming spring play "New Kids at Vampire High." Music by AHS graduate Evan Brummer.

IHSSA State Debate last January.
The Road to National Qualifiers
Alyssa Neal, Writer/Editor • February 9, 2024

It’s that time of year when AHS Speech and Debate heads to National Qualifiers, or “nat quals” as the team likes to call them. There are...

The Point Episode 14: Goodbye Seniors
Kate Nichols and Ella MeyerMay 15, 2024

Hosts Kate and Ella talk with AHS seniors about their high school career and their futures. Music by AHS graduate Evan Brummer. This...

THINK ABOUT IT - Kylie Templeton contemplates her answer as she takes one of the Intro to Journalism students quiz.
Buzzfeed Quizzes 2023-2024
Intro to Journalism StudentsMay 9, 2024

Annabelle Meyer and Aubrey Winford: What AHS Car Parker Are You? Aunika Darrow and Rylee Bengel: What Type of Lift Style Are You? Addison...

Buzzfeed Quizzes 2023-2024

Intro to Journalism students created unique personality quizzes with each other.
Claire Pellett
THINK ABOUT IT – Kylie Templeton contemplates her answer as she takes one of the Intro to Journalism student’s quiz.

Annabelle Meyer and Aubrey Winford: What AHS Car Parker Are You?

Aunika Darrow and Rylee Bengel: What Type of Lift Style Are You?

Addison Freund and Jayci Reed: Which AHS Teachers Desk Are You?

Ellie Butler and Aydrie Coffman: What Berryhill Ceiling Tile Are You?