Get Hooked to iJag

The iJag class advanced to state in a Career Development Competition.

Andrew Mitchell

The iJAG class helped set up career day!

Helena Buliche, Staff Writer

AHS iJAG students competed in team and individual categories for the following; business planning, creative decision making, project-based learning, career preparation, employability skills, financial literacy, and prepared speaking.

Eleven of AHS’s iJAG students are advancing to state on April 7th in the Career Development Competition for a possibility to represent Iowa at nationals. Each student is to give or experience an overview of their event of choice and some events have the students present their case in front of a panel of judges. Brysen Erickson, Josh Hass, Weston Hoover, Isaiha Imhoff, Lance Keller, Kayla Mendenhall, Trenton Montgomery, Alexiya Moore, Alex Rosenbaum, Josephine Sorensen, and Quinn Weil all competed.

The connection of business and education, iJAG helps provide “the most cost-effective” school to career solutions in Iowa. iJAG is a class that relies on “real-world, project-based instructional methods and an unconventional approach to personal connections with students.” It also helps students in standardized learning environments to help remove distractions and barriers and show students how to gain the next step in their career or education. “iJAG is needed now more than ever to graduate students and prepare them for success in the workforce and life.”