Trojans Secure District Title

The Trojan football team won in Shenandoah, securing the first district title since 2002.

Kennedy Goergen

Senior Bodie Jonson celebrates during the football game against Clarinda. After the game against Shennandoah, Jonson said, “It was an amazing experience with my teammates, but we’re not satisfied yet.” 

Kenzie Hoffman, Editor

The Trojans won against Shenandoah 28-0 on Oct. 2, securing the district title. The Trojans haven’t won the district title since 2002. “We didn’t score the first half, but during the second we really stepped up our game,” senior Bodie Johnson said. Johnson rushed 155 yards and scored three touchdowns. “It was an amazing experience with my teammates, but we’re not satisfied yet.” 

Senior Braden Smith had two tackles on defense. “It was awesome to go out there with my teammates and get some tackles,” Smith said. This was Smith’s first year going out for football since he was a freshman. Senior Colton Tasto had an interception during the game.  “I could’ve sworn they threw it right to me,” Tasto said. 

The whole team was on edge the entire game.

— Garrett McLaren

Junior Garrett McLaren threw 79 yards and was excited to “clench the first district title since 2002.” “The whole team was on edge the entire game,” McLaren said. “We could’ve played better the first half, but we really put it in gear the second half of the game.” 

The Trojans will take on the Red Oak Tigers this Friday, Oct. 9 for the first varsity game on the new field. This game will be Homecoming, Senior Night, and the only home game this season.