Trojans Go Out in Style at the Trojan Bowl

The Trojans leave the Trojan Bowl with a victory.

Kennedy Goergen

The Trojans get ready to snap the ball on Friday night. Atlantic had 600 yards worth of offense.

Connor Church, Editor

The Trojans went out in style at the Trojan Bowl this past Friday. With it being the last game at the Trojan Bowl, the Trojans wanted to leave it with a win. They did just that, as they defeated the Shenandoah Mustangs 55-25.

The Mustangs started the game with the ball. They drove the ball down the field, but missed a field goal. So, the Trojans got the ball. Tyler Moen would fumble the ball on the second play of the drive, but he would pick it up and run for a 76-yard touchdown. This would make the score 7-0. Both teams would punt, until Tyler Moen intercepted a pass, and scored on a pick six.  This made the score 14-0. Tyler Moen would also have another pick six, which made the score 21-0.

Moen would also have a huge night on the ground. He rushed for 523 yards and scored five touchdowns on the ground. He had seven touchdowns on the night with the two interceptions for touchdowns. He was 26 yards away from breaking the Iowa high school rushing yard record, which was set back in 2014.

The Trojans would score 27 points in the second quarter. By halftime, the score was 41-7. However, the Mustangs would fight back to make it a 48-25 game. However, the Trojans would end up winning the game by a final score of 55-25.

The Trojans left the Trojan Bowl with a win. The field is getting renovated for next season.

The Trojans will play the Red Oak Tigers for their last game of the season. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.