Trojans Fall to the Falcons

The Trojans are 1-1 in district play and 2-4 overall.

Maddy Fell

Senior Tyler Moen takes it to the house against Creston earlier in the season. Moen has played football all four years of high school

Connor Church, Editor

The Trojan football team was defeated by the OA-BCIG Falcons this past Friday. The Trojans were looking to go 2-0 in district play. It was OABCIG’s Homecoming. The Trojans got off to a fast start, as they forced the Falcons to fumble the ball. The Trojans recovered, and they started out with good field position.

The Trojans would capitalize off of the turnover, as Tyler Moen rushed for a touchdown. This made the score 7-0. The Trojan defense stood tall after the touchdown, as they forced the Falcons to fail on their fourth-down conversion attempt. Punts and failed fourth down conversions would happen on both sides for the rest of the first quarter and for part of the second quarter.

The Trojans would turn the ball over on their drive that was halfway through the second quarter. The Falcons would capitalize on their next possession as they would score a touchdown. This would tie the score, 7-7. The Falcons would also score another touchdown right before halftime, which made the score 14-7.

The Trojans were looking to get off to a good start in the second half, but they were forced to punt the football back to the Falcons. The Falcons would score another touchdown on their next drive. This made the score 21-7. The Trojans would stutter again on offense. They were forced to punt.

The Falcons would score another touchdown on their next drive. This made the score 28-7. This would be the final score of the game, as both teams punted and failed on fourth-down conversions.

The Trojans will look to rebound against the Greene County Rams on Friday. This is the Homecoming game for the Trojans. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. at the Trojan Bowl.