Boys and Girls XC Stomp Out Competition

Both Trojan XC teams earned first place at the Clarinda meet.

Halsey Bailey

Junior Taylor McCreedy leads the pack at a meet last season. McCreedy took home first place at Tuesday’s meet at Clarinda.

Grace Clay, Editor

The cross country teams had a great night on Tuesday, Sept. 10 at the Clarinda meet. Both teams earned first place. The girls had a score of 30, while the boys had a score of 37. Second place at the girls’ meet was Shenandoah with a score of 68, and second place at the boys’ meet was Red Oak with a score of 60. 

Four of the Trojan boys finished in the top ten. Junior Craig Alan Becker came in 2nd, senior Bradley Dennis finished 4th, senior Evan Brummer was close behind in 5th, and sophomore Zane Berg rounded out the top ten. Becker had a time of 18:12.78, Dennis had a time of 19:15.02, Brummer had a time of 19:15.81, and Berg had a time of 19:51.43.

Three of the Trojan girls finished in the top ten. Junior Taylor McCreedy took the top spot, freshman Ava Rush came in 3rd, and junior Madison Botos finished 9th. McCreedy had a time of 20:52.78, Rush had a time of 22:14.81, and Botos had a time of 23:59.78.

The cross country teams next meet will be on Sept. 16 at the Ballard Golf and Country Club.