Trojans are Victorious Over Bulldogs

Trojans earn their fourth win of the season against Riverside Bulldogs.

Trojans are Victorious Over Bulldogs

Sophomores Tatum Grubbs, and Hannah Carlson, along with  juniors Kenzie Waters and Katie Saluk are getting ready to play in the game against Treynor.

Sophomores Tatum Grubbs, and Hannah Carlson, along with juniors Kenzie Waters and Katie Saluk are getting ready to play in the game against Treynor.

Caroline Pellett

Caroline Pellett

Caroline Pellett

Grace Clay, Editor

The Trojan Girls’ Soccer team earned their fourth win of the season on Monday, May 13 against the Riverside Bulldogs. The Trojans beat the Bulldogs 10-0, and the game ended early due to the mercy rule.

Their first goal was scored fairly early on in the game by junior Kenzie Waters. Sophomore Tatum Grubbs scored the third, fourth, and fifth goals while the second goal was also scored by Waters, as was the sixth goal. The eighth goal was scored by senior Haley Becker, and the ninth goal was scored by senior Sadie Welter. The final goal was scored by junior Katie Saluk.

Welter and Saluk both earned their first career goals. Grubbs and Waters both had a hat trick. A hat trick is occurs when a single player scores three goals in one game.

The Trojan Girls’ Soccer team will have their next game on Thursday, May 16 against Carroll Community at home, and another home game the next day against Glenwood.