• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

Another Loss to the Knights for the Trojans

The Atlantic Trojans faced off against the Kuemper Knights for the second time, losing by just one point.

STAND YOUR GROUND - Senior Logan Reilly plays defense during the Glenwood game. Reilly has been a consistent varsity starter for the 2018-19 season.

Makynzie Steffens, Staff Writer

The Trojan boys traveled to Carroll to face the Kuemper Catholic Knights on Tuesday, Jan. 15. Throughout the entirety of the game, both teams were head to head on the scoreboard.

At the end of the first quarter, the Trojans were leading with a score of 8-7. Senior Chase Mullenix had the first basket of the game, earning two points for the Trojans.

Two minutes into the second quarter, the Trojans were up 13-11. After that, the constant battle for the ball began, and at halftime, Kuemper was in the lead, 25-21. After a quick recap with the coaches during halftime, the teams were back on the court.

Kuemper opened the third quarter with a 10-4 run and led 35-25 just minutes into the quarter. Sophomore Skyler Handlos drained a three-pointer to put the Trojans behind by only six points with 3:32 left in the quarter.

As the fourth and final quarter began, Kuemper led with a score of 50-47. With only 19.1 seconds left, Atlantic took the lead but lost it when Kuemper hit the last shot of the game, winning 52-51.

The Trojans’ leading scorer was junior Tyler Moen with 16 points, followed by Handlos with 14.

Traveling to Clarinda, the Trojans faced off against the Cardinals in a rescheduled game on Thursday, Jan. 17, winning with a score of 62-49.

Makynzie Steffens, Staff Writer

Makynzie Steffens found her love in journalism from her mom who was also in journalism class during her high school years. Steffens said, “Berryhill...