• March 11There is a college planning/financial aid night on Thursday in the auditorium starting at 6:00 p.m.

• March 11There is no school Thursday and Friday due to Parent/Teacher Conferences.

• March 11The Female Athlete Symposium is tomorrow night 5:00-10:00 p.m.

• March 11Tennis practice starts today!

• March 11The wrestling banquet is tonight starting at 6:30 p.m. Congrats on the incredible season wrestlers!

• March 11Boys' soccer practice starts today!

• March 11Golf practice starts today!

Trojans Bring Dual Record to 10-0

Senior Chase McLaren earned his 100th pin at the OA-BCIG quadrangular.

STAY+DOWN-+Sophomore+Steele+McLaren+pushes+his+opponent+down+during+his+match+at+the+Council+Bluffs+Classic.+S.+McLaren+ended+the+night+at+OA-BCIG+with+one+pin+and+received+a+forfeit.+

Trojans Bring Dual Record to 10-0

STAY DOWN- Sophomore Steele McLaren pushes his opponent down during his match at the Council Bluffs Classic. S. McLaren ended the night at OA-BCIG with one pin and received a forfeit.

Picking up three more dual victories on Tuesday, Dec. 18 at OA-BCIG, the Trojans’ dual record is now 10-0. The wrestlers faced off against the OA-BCIG Falcons, the Logan-Magnolia Panthers and the Woodbine Tigers.

Competing against the host team of OA-BCIG, the Trojans secured eight pins from freshmen Garrett McLaren (106), Ethan Follman (120) and Kadin Stutman (145), sophomores Joe Weaver (126) and Steele McLaren (132) and seniors Kenny Jimerson (160), Connor Pellett (170) and Mitchell Williamson (195). Due to open weight classes, three wrestlers were unable to compete against the Falcons, including juniors Aybren Moore (113) and Cale Roller (285) and sophomore Devin McKay (220). Senior Chase McLaren (138) won in a decision, 9-3. The team defeated OA-BCIG 69-9.

A total of six pins were earned by the Trojans and one win in a decision against the Logan-Magnolia Panthers. Pins were gained by Williamson, Roller, Weaver (120), C. McLaren, Stutzman and Pellett (160). G. McLaren earned the decision, 3-2. With no wrestler in the 126 weight class, a forfeit was given to Briar Reisz of Logan-Magnolia. With a point difference of three, the Trojans came out on top, 39-36.

The Atlantic-CAM Trojans defeated the Woodbine Tigers 78-9 with nine pins and four forfeits. McKay (195) and all three McLaren brothers received the forfeits due to open weight classes. Jimerson (170), Williamson, Roller (220), Moore, Follman, Weaver, Stutzman, Pellett and sophomore Payton Fewson (152) scored the pins.

The wrestlers will be traveling to the Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont Rocket Duals on Saturday, Dec. 22.

Erin Wendt, Business Manager/Editor

Serving as a lead editor and one of the business managers, senior Erin Wendt has been involved in journalism since the beginning of her sophomore year....