• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

Trojans Pick Up a Big Win Against the Rams

DECISIONS%2C+DECISIONS+-+Senior+Logan+Reilly+keeps+a+tight+grip+on+the+ball+before+choosing+who+to+pass+to.+Reilly+has+been+a+consistent+player+for+the+varsity+team.+

DECISIONS, DECISIONS - Senior Logan Reilly keeps a tight grip on the ball before choosing who to pass to. Reilly has been a consistent player for the varsity team.

The Trojans picked up a big win against conference rival Glenwood on Tuesday. The Trojans were coming off of a tough loss to the Creston Panthers, and they wanted to pick up a huge win on their home floor with the Rams in town. The Trojans started Logan Reilly, Chase Mullenix, Jalen Petersen, Nathan Behrends, and Tyler Moen.

The Trojans had an 18-16 lead over the Rams at the end of the first quarter, and they wanted to keep their foot on the gas pedal, knowing that the Rams could go on a run. However, the Rams did go on a run, and before the end of the second quarter, the Rams made a last-second shot to make the score 35-41 heading into halftime.

The Trojans knew that if they wanted to play better in the second half, that they would have to limit the Rams’ scoring chances. The Trojans did that, and they went on a ru of their own, as they would grow a lead as large as 15 in the third quarter.

However, the Rams would fight back in the fourth quarter. The Rams got hot, and they made it a three point game at one point in the fourth quarter. However, the Trojans would pull through, as the Rams were forced to foul the Trojans as time expired. The Trojans would grow their lead at the free throw line, which was ultimately too much for the Rams to overcome. The Trojans pulled away, and they won 85-74.

Chase Mullenix lead the Trojans with 31 points, while Tyler Moen scored 23. Logan Reilly also scored 11 points for the Trojans.

The Trojans look to build off of this win, as they take on the Shenandoah Mustangs (1-6) at home on Friday night. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.

Connor Church, Editor

Journalism editor Connor Church (Churchy) has a few stories under his belt from his time as a journalist. His first ever published piece is titled, “AHS...