• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

Behind the Scenes of Trojan Diner

Behind the Scenes of Trojan Diner

SALT BAE - Senior Brandon Woodard recreates a viral internet meme as he cooks for the Trojan Diner. Woodard has been involved with foods classes since his freshman year.

Grace Clay

Grace Clay

Grace Clay

Aliyah Jordan

Here at AHS, Foods 2 is a course offered to students who have passed Intro to Foods and are ready to move to the next level. One aspect of this class is the chance to participate in Trojan Diner, which is a restaurant the students put together to get a real life experience for what it would be like to work inside a diner.

FCS teacher Meryl Hopper-Henningson is in charge of assigning roles; some students act as waiters and some are in the kitchen prepping the meals. Throughout the year, students take turns being “head chefs” and design a meal for the school staff and/or families of the students. Hopper said, “It gets stressful, but we always manage to pull it off. The students work hard and get a feel of what a career in the kitchen would be like.”

Sophomore Kylar Bomer said that Trojan Diners are “fun and allow us to explore careers.” Bomer also said that she enjoys being in charge of creating something fun on the menu. Foods 2 students may advance to International Cuisine the following semester and continue to participate in Trojan Diners if they choose to do so.

The next Trojan Diner will be on Friday, Dec. 7.

About the Contributors
Aliyah Jordan, Staff Writer

Aliyah Jordan, a sophomore, is involved in dance, journalism, and babysits in her free time. She started dancing at Dance Atlantic when she was three years...

Grace Clay, Editor

A new school year also means another year of writing AHSneedle stories for editor Grace Clay. Now a junior in high school, Clay enjoys writing stories...