XC Teams Place Second at Clarinda Meet

Freshman Taylor McCreedy finished first at time trials and placed second at the Clarinda Invite.

Erin Wendt, Editor

The Atlantic High School boys’ and girls’ cross country teams traveled to Clarinda on Tuesday, Sept. 5, for their second meet of the season. Both varsity teams placed 2nd overall.

The JV and Varsity teams ran together and the top seven overall for the team counted for the varsity score. The girls’ team had three runners finish in the top ten with freshman Taylor McCreedy placing 2nd overall with a time of 20:02.41. Not far behind were freshman Kennedy Goergen and Junior Ashley Wendt placing 6th and 7th respectively. Goergen finished with a time of  21:57.03 and Wendt ended the race with a time of  22:03.03.  Freshman Madison Botos placed 14th with a time of 22:36.59 and sophomore Pluma Pross finishing the race in 15th running a time of 22:45.00.

In the boys’ race, junior Jalen Petersen finished as top runner on the boys’ team placing 4th with a time of 18:06.44. Sophomore Evan Brummer finished 15th running a time of 19:29.63 and Senior Cale Pellett running a time of 19:30.12 to end the race in 17th. Senior Blake Pelzer and Junior Nathan Brockman finished 31st and 32nd, respectively. Pelzer ran a time of 20:13.91 and Brockman finished with a time 20:18.91.

The boys’ and girls’ cross country teams will run at the Red Oak Invitational on Monday, Sept. 11.