• April 19Girls' soccer is home on Monday against Collins-Maxwell. Good luck!

• April 19Good luck to the boys' soccer team in Creston on Monday! JV kicks off at 5 p.m., with varsity to follow.

• April 19Both track teams will participate in the Co-Ed Ram Invite on Monday. Good luck!

• April 19The Trojan tennis teams take on Harlan on Monday. Boys are at home, and girls are on the road. Good luck!

• April 19Boys' golf will be participating in the Monarch Invitational on Monday. Good luck!

• April 19The girls' golf team will be participating in an invitational on Monday. Good luck!

AHS students build a garage

By Morgan Beauchamp

AHS students are building a garage for a teacher.

Roger Warne’s first period Manufacture Tech class is building a garage for school psychologist Judy Kay.

The class is building the garage in the school shop. They will then transfer the garage to its destination in pieces, and they will assemble it there.

The garage will take four to five weeks to build. Building the garage will cost the school nothing because Kay is paying for the expenses.

According to Manufacturing Tech teacher Roger Warne, “It’s going to be really cool.”

Senior Matt Kern said, “It’s the experience of a lifetime.  It’s a good experience for the kids.”

Junior Gunnar Blum enjoys the project. “It’s a fun activity and it helps the kids learn how to build.”

Tyler Doll agrees: “It’s fun, hands-on work that gives good experience.”

1 Comment

One Response to “AHS students build a garage”

1. Beverly Schelling on October 31st, 2010 10:30 am

What a great experience for students. I know they will learn a skill that will be of lifelong use to them. Hope there will be more experiences similar to this for students!

AHS students build a garage