Girls Volleyball Senior Night

The varsity girls volleyball played St. Albert Catholic at home for senior night.

Kennedy Goergen

Senior Caroline Pellett waves to the crowd at Senior Night. The girls lost to the Saintes 2-3.

Da'Jai Wesson, Editor

Senior Night for the Girls Volleyball team took place at home on Thursday, Sept. 24. The girls played against St. Albert Catholic. They won the first two matches but fell short to the Saintes on the last one. The final score of the night was 3-2. 

Senior Alyssa Derby has been playing on the girls volleyball team all throughout high school. Her favorite part about senior night was the “environment” of the game. “The energy on and off the court was amazing,” said Derby. She thought the game went well, especially in the first and second sets when they had high energy. “We didn’t end the game as planned, but I’m proud of how strong we came back and fought in the last set.”

This season, the girls have been working on their passes. “When our passing is solid as a whole, we cannot be stopped,” said Derby. The team is looking forward to more conference matchups. Derby said, “If we play like we did against St. Albert, I think this team can go pretty far.” 

Their next game is a varsity triangular on Tuesday, Sept. 29 in the Atlantic High School gym.