Trojans Keep the Winning Streak Against Clarinda

The Trojans win a home game, in Glenwood, 7-0 against Clarinda on Friday night.

The Trojans huddle up while preparing for the next play.  The Trojans are currently 3-1.  Grant Sturm had four interceptions last Friday night.

Kenzie Hoffman

The Trojans huddle up while preparing for the next play. The Trojans are currently 3-1. Grant Sturm had four interceptions last Friday night.

Kenzie Hoffman, Editor

The Trojans took the win against Clarinda 7-0 at Glenwood on Friday night. Sophomore Caden Anderson threw 167 yards. Senior Bodie Johnson rushed 51 yards and senior Collin Mullinex received 77 yards. Anderson loved every minute out on the field.  “There were a lot of flags on our side, but it made us want to win even more,” Anderson said.

Johnson said, “it was a game to remember.” Along with rushing 51 yards, Johnson played an important role in defense with five and a half tackles: three solo tackles and five assisted tackles. “Our defense did well on Friday night,” he said. “I’m going to miss this sport when it’s over.” 

It’s one of those moments you’ll remember for the rest of your life.

— Collin Mullinex

To go with Mullinex’s 77 yards received, he punted 173 yards and had four tackles: three solo tackles and two assisted tackles.  “I thought I played pretty well on Friday night,” Mullinex said.  “I could hear the student section yelling ‘let’s go Ballz,’” he said.  “It’s one of those moments you’ll remember for the rest of your life.”  

With three wins under their belt, the Trojans are currently 3-1.  They will take on the Des Moines-Christian Lions this Friday night.