Heading to the Superbowl

Students at AHS partake in a bowling unit during P.E.

Hana Holtz

Senior McCade Stillian and sophomore Brianna Buliche prepare to bowl. Both students are a part of Mr. Larson’s third period P.E. class.

Molly McFadden, Editor

Atlantic High School’s P.E. class is called Lifetime Fitness. It is called this because the activities that you do in the class aren’t just for fun. While table tennis might be a blast, the goal of this class is to teach students activities they can do throughout their lifetime. Throughout the year, students in Lifetime Fitness–or P.E.–will participate in a wide range of activities including pickle ball, bowling, badminton, and disc golf.

The last two weeks, students in this class have been bowling. The students are required to pay $3 to bowl. If the student doesn’t wish to bowl or can’t pay, there is an alternative assignment. Otherwise, they can help other students fill out their score card.

P.E. teacher Cole Renken said the goal of bowling during P.E. is to help with learning how to score. “I feel like most kids like it overall,” he said. Renken also said students who like bowling, but don’t get to do it very often enjoy the opportunity to participate in this sport during the school day.

Many students at AHS appreciate the bowling unit because it breaks up their school day. Freshman Ty Ostrus said he enjoys the bowling unit because “it is something else to do besides regular gym activities.” Junior Beau Dickerson said, “I like bowling because it is a good competition.”

Students in Lifetime Fitness will start the next unit soon. Until then, bowling is right up their alley.