Trojan Wrestlers Sweep Again at Red Oak

Creston, AHSTW, and Red Oak couldn’t best the Trojans.

Bryer Rose

Sophomore Lexie Trotter competes at Tuesday night’s meet. Trotter was the only girls’ wrestler who participated in the Red Oak quad.

Kylie Neal, Editor

The Atlantic-CAM wrestlers earned another three dual victories on Tuesday, Dec. 10. The Trojans traveled to Red Oak’s new facility and battled down to the wire against Creston, AHSTW, and Red Oak. The final score against Creston was 45-28. They beat AHSTW with a score of 54-24, and Red Oak with a score of 59-21. 

Sophomore Ethan Follman was 3-0 on the night with a win over Red Oak’s Jonathan Erp. Seniors Cale Roller and Aybren Moore are undefeated, both getting first period pins. Some of the heavier weights fell through, but bonus points made up the difference as the Trojans added nineteen pins and a technical fall to their score. Sophomore Kadin Stutzman, Junior Zane Vance and several others earned at least one pin. On the girls team, only sophomore Lexie Trotter wrestled. Trotter earned a pin during one of her matches. 

The Trojan wrestlers are currently 6-0 in duals and will travel to Council Bluffs for the Council Bluffs Classic on Friday, Dec. 13. The meet will be held at the Mid-America Center with 41 teams including several which are nationally ranked.