• April 19Girls' soccer is home on Monday against Collins-Maxwell. Good luck!

• April 19Good luck to the boys' soccer team in Creston on Monday! JV kicks off at 5 p.m., with varsity to follow.

• April 19Both track teams will participate in the Co-Ed Ram Invite on Monday. Good luck!

• April 19The Trojan tennis teams take on Harlan on Monday. Boys are at home, and girls are on the road. Good luck!

• April 19Boys' golf will be participating in the Monarch Invitational on Monday. Good luck!

• April 19The girls' golf team will be participating in an invitational on Monday. Good luck!

Trojan Girls’ Track Starts Off the Season Right

Atlantic Girls Track & Field started off the season with two meets within three days

GETTING STARTED - the Trojan girls' track team smiles on the infield of the indoor track at Iowa State. The first two meets of the season proved successful for many members of the team.

Saturday, March 16, the Atlantic Girls Track & Field team traveled to Northwest Missouri State. Sophomore Haley Rasmussen said it was “a good start to the season across the boards.” Rasmussen placed first individually in the open 400 and second in long jump. She was also part of the winning 4×400 team along with juniors Aleigh Bean and Pluma Pross and sophomore Alyssa Derby.

The Atlantic girls had another relay place second in the 4×400 composed of senior Karsyn Rush and sophomores Kennedy Goergen, Taylor McCreedy and Madison Botos. Four Trojan individuals placed in the top 10 for the open 800 with McCreedy second, Rush fourth, Botos eighth and Goergen ninth.

Freshman Addison DeArment started off her high school career with a fourth-place finish in the mile. Junior Abby Altman also finished fourth in the 3200m run with a time of 13:36.

After a quick turnaround, the girls traveled to Ames for the Iowa State indoor classic meet on Monday, March 18. The 4×400 team of Rasmussen, Derby, Pross and Goergen placed seventh and dropped 9 seconds from their time at the Northwest Missouri State meet. Rasmussen placed third in long jump with 16’3”. McCreedy finished seventh in the 1500m run with a time of 5:07. The 4×800 team of Rush, Altman, Botos and Goergen finished 13th.

About the Writers
Kennedy Goergen, Staff Writer

You don’t see Kennedy Goergen very often outside of the field, gym, or track. In her free time, she enjoys focusing on her sports, especially her favorite...

Mia Trotter, Staff Writer

Although she may be good at cheerleading, running track, playing volleyball and dancing, sophomore Mia Trotter says she's the best at eating. With everything...