Trojans Advance Six to Districts

The sectional meet ended with three champs and three runner-ups for the Atlantic-CAM wrestling team.

FIGHT UNTIL THE WHISTLE – Sophomore Joe Weaver competes in a tough match at the OA-BCIG tournament earlier in the season. Weaver, wrestling at 120, is one of the six Trojans advancing to districts.

Ashley Wendt and Erin Wendt

Six Trojan wrestlers will advance to districts after the conclusion of the sectional meet at OA-BCIG on Saturday, Feb. 2. Three champs and three runner-ups were joined by seven other place winners, but only the top two finishers move on.

By a slim margin of only three points, the Trojans placed third as a team and will not advance to regional team duals. Coming in first was Sergeant Bluff-Luton with 224 points and second was Harlan with 209 points.

Freshman Garrett McLaren, junior Cale Roller and senior Chase McLaren were all sectional champs, with pins from G. McLaren and Roller. Second place was earned by freshman Kadin Stutzman, sophomore Joe Weaver and senior Connor Pellett.

Other place winners included third from sophomore Steele McLaren, junior Aybren Moore, and seniors Kenny Jimerson and Chase Mullenix. Sophomore Devin McKay and seniors Sam Martin and Mitchell Williamson each earned fifth place finishes.

Districts will be held in Harlan on Saturday, Feb. 9.