• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

Trojans Advance Six to Districts

The sectional meet ended with three champs and three runner-ups for the Atlantic-CAM wrestling team.

Trojans Advance Six to Districts

FIGHT UNTIL THE WHISTLE - Sophomore Joe Weaver competes in a tough match at the OA-BCIG tournament earlier in the season. Weaver, wrestling at 120, is one of the six Trojans advancing to districts.

Ashley Wendt and Erin Wendt

Six Trojan wrestlers will advance to districts after the conclusion of the sectional meet at OA-BCIG on Saturday, Feb. 2. Three champs and three runner-ups were joined by seven other place winners, but only the top two finishers move on.

By a slim margin of only three points, the Trojans placed third as a team and will not advance to regional team duals. Coming in first was Sergeant Bluff-Luton with 224 points and second was Harlan with 209 points.

Freshman Garrett McLaren, junior Cale Roller and senior Chase McLaren were all sectional champs, with pins from G. McLaren and Roller. Second place was earned by freshman Kadin Stutzman, sophomore Joe Weaver and senior Connor Pellett.

Other place winners included third from sophomore Steele McLaren, junior Aybren Moore, and seniors Kenny Jimerson and Chase Mullenix. Sophomore Devin McKay and seniors Sam Martin and Mitchell Williamson each earned fifth place finishes.

Districts will be held in Harlan on Saturday, Feb. 9.

About the Writers
Ashley Wendt, Lead Editor

Journalism is a family affair for the Wendts, as Ashley Wendt’s siblings got her involved in Journalism. Her brother Trevor was the first to join and...

Erin Wendt, Business Manager/Editor

Serving as a lead editor and one of the business managers, senior Erin Wendt has been involved in journalism since the beginning of her sophomore year....