• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

Tough Week for Trojan Girls

The varsity squad came up short in both of their contests last week, falling to Glenwood and Lewis Central on the road.

Tough Week for Trojan Girls

Junior Kenzie Waters sprints alongside a Glenwood player in a fast-break play. Last week, Waters scored 20 points for her team.

Erin Wendt

Erin Wendt

Erin Wendt

In girls’ varsity action last week, Atlantic dropped both of their games. The Trojans fell to the Glenwood Rams on Tuesday in Glenwood, 69-37. Before competing against Atlantic, Glenwood held a record of 7-3. Atlantic was outscored in all four quarters by the Rams.

Junior Kenzie Waters netted 11 points for the Trojans. As a team, the Trojans grabbed 25 rebounds.

Atlantic also fell to fifth-ranked Lewis Central, who were undefeated through ten matches. With all of these statistics backing them, Lewis Central boasted the top spot in the conference standings. The Trojans were able to pull within 19 points of the Titans, and lost their second game of the week, 51-32.

Senior Baylee Newell put up 11 points for Atlantic. The Trojans grabbed 21 rebounds to the Titans’ 18. Every girl that played in the varsity contest snagged at least one rebound. Junior Corri Pelzer led the Trojans in boards with seven.

On the JV side of things, the Atlantic squad lost to Glenwood 37-30. This was the fourth straight game the JV team lost. Also, Lewis Central topped the Trojans in a two-quarter game 20-11 later that week.

This week, the girls will be in action against Kuemper Catholic at home on Tuesday, and in Clarinda on Friday. The opposition’s records stand at 6-9 and 1-12, respectively.

About the Contributors

Hana Holtz is a member of the AHSneedle team, where she works with other journalists to keep the news website updated. “We work very hard,” she said....

Erin Wendt, Business Manager/Editor

Serving as a lead editor and one of the business managers, senior Erin Wendt has been involved in journalism since the beginning of her sophomore year....