• February 13Good luck to those participating in the IHSSA All-State Large Group Events this weekend!

• February 13Good luck to the wrestlers participating at the State tournament this week!

Trojans Pick Up a Second Straight Win Against Shenandoah

STRONG+DEFENSE-+Senior+Cooper+Leonard+attempts+to+seal+the+ball+during+the+JV+game+against+the+Senandoah+Mustangs.+Leonard+has+been+a+part+of+the+basketball+program+for+four+years.+

STRONG DEFENSE- Senior Cooper Leonard attempts to seal the ball during the JV game against the Senandoah Mustangs. Leonard has been a part of the basketball program for four years.

Connor Church, Editor

The Trojans picked up another conference win against the Shenandoah Mustangs last Friday night. The Trojans were coming off of a huge win against the Glenwood Rams last Tuesday, and they wanted to pick up another win on their home floor. The Trojans knew that they would have to set the tone early, and they wanted to get off to a good start.

The Trojans started Sam Granner, Jalen Petersen, Nathan Behrends, Tyler Moen, and Logan Reilly. Chase Mullenix was out with an undisclosed injury.

The Trojans wanted to get off to a good start in the first quarter. The Trojans did just that, as they outscored the Mustangs 20-6 in the first quarter. The Trojans wanted to keep the momentum on their side heading into the second quarter.

In the second quarter, the Trojans outscored the Mustangs 16-5. At the end of the half, the Trojans had a 36-11 lead over the Mustangs. The Trojans wanted to get off to a good start in the third.

As the third quarter began, the Trojans wanted to keep their foot on the gas pedal. However, the Mustangs outscored the Trojans 8-10. However, heading into the fourth, the Trojans held a 44-21 lead over the Mustangs.

The Trojans were set for the fourth quarter. Their goal was to not let Shenandoah get on any type of a run. The Trojans still outscored the Mustangs 13-11 in the fourth, but put up 21 points in the second half, while the Mustangs also put up 21 points in the fourth quarter. It was still enough to get the job done, as the Trojans defeated the Mustangs 57-32.

Tyler Moen lead the Trojans in scoring with 24. Skyler Handlos scored 13, while Logan Reilly put up nine for the Trojans.

The Trojans look to make it three wins in a row, as they take on the Kuemper Catholic Knights (2-3) at home on Monday night. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.

Connor Church, Editor

Journalism editor Connor Church (Churchy) has a few stories under his belt from his time as a journalist. His first ever published piece is titled, “AHS...