• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

Dance Team Prepares for First Performance

Eight members make up the 2018-19 AHS dance team.

IN SYNC - The 2017-18 dance team performs one of their routines. They often danced at half-time during basketball games in the winter season.

The AHS Dance Team is back and better than ever. After taking the fall season off, the team has put together a holiday special routine that will be performed at half-time on Dec. 17 during the varsity boys’ basketball game against Kuemper Catholic.

This season’s dance team is made up of junior Madison Fell, sophomores Grace Barkley, Dani Mathisen, GraceMarie McCurdy, Jenna Pelzer, Kynzie Steffens and Mia Trotter, and freshman Kayla Mendenhall. “I’m excited to perform for our first basketball game, our Christmas routine,” Pelzer said.

The group has been working on their routine since Nov. 9 and practice twice a week at Dance Atlantic with the help of dance instructor Ricci McLaren. Practices usually last for an hour to an hour and a half as they work on technique, cleanliness and keeping the dance sharp. Pelzer said that the routine still needs some work but she thinks the final product will look good.

According to coach Sheena Hagen, although there are no seniors on the dance team this year, Fell has stepped up and become a strong team leader and captain. While it may be hard work to make a dance routine look good, the team still has the determination to achieve their goals. This will be the dance team’s first performance of the season and they plan to make it a great one.

About the Writers
Dani Mathisen, Staff Writer

Dani Mathisen, a sophomore has been planning on where she wants to go to college and what she wants to do since eighth grade. She wants to go to a community...

Mia Trotter, Staff Writer

Although she may be good at cheerleading, running track, playing volleyball and dancing, sophomore Mia Trotter says she's the best at eating. With everything...