Getting to Know the Class of 2018: Zeke Whetstone

Senior Spotlight featuring Zeke Whetstone

Aleigh Bean

After snapping his ankle in a freshman football game, Zeke Whetstone had to put a stop to his football career. However, that has not affected his love for the game. Whetstone was a student assistant coach for the team and was there to help out and support at every practice and game. He loves the sport of football, but always has his heart set for when spring rolls around.

Whetstone has run track during all four years of high school and has made it to State every year since freshman year. His main events include the 4×400, the open 400 and the 4×800. Whetstone competed in the 4×800 at the 2018 Drake Relays, which broke the previous school record by five seconds.

Whetstone said he is proud of being accepted into college. He plans to attend Iowa State University in the fall of 2018 and is very excited to start because he loves the campus and the people there. He would like to be a walk-on for track team there and is going to college “open-ended” with what he wants to do.

When Whetstone is not busy with school activities, he is most likely playing disc golf with friends or watching a good movie. He hopes to have similar friends in college like the ones he has now.

Whetstone said his family supports him 100 percent and they are proud of everything he has done and plans to do. He has two younger brothers: Jake, 14, and Benny, 11. His parents are Kim and Tyler. Whetstone said he looks up to his mom because she is a strong woman and has taught him to grow up like she did and he is thankful for that.