• April 23Trojan Diner is this Friday.

• April 23Boys' soccer hosts two games this week, on Thursday and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23The Drake Relays start on Thursday. The girls' and boys' teams have sent representatives to compete. Good luck!

• April 23Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Tuesday and Friday, as they take on St. Albert and Harlan.

• April 23Girls' tennis has three meets this week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' golf has two home meets this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Good luck!

• April 23Boys' tennis has duals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Good luck!

• April 22The concert band will be holding their annual Patty Hannon concert on Sunday in the auditorium.

• April 22The speech and debate team is hosting a showcase on Saturday in the commons and auditorium.

NEWS BRIEF — Physics Class Prepares to Race

Physics students prepare boats for a race on May 11.

Junior Yara Haidar and senior Paige Bennett work to build their boat. They were given three days in class to work on these and whatever doesn't get finished will have to be done on their own time.

The annual physics boat races will be held on Friday, May 11. Science teacher Jedd Sherman organizes the building of the boats that his physics class will use to participate in a boat race across the pond at the Nishna Golf Course. Students in the class are allotted three construction days during class-time. If the boats are not finished in those three days, then students must finish them outside of school hours as homework. There are five groups and two or three builders in each group. The only supplies the students are allowed to use are tape and cardboard. The cardboard is being provided by physics student Cambry Miller, as she was able to get it from her parents’ furniture store, Brymons. This activity is done to represent a concept known as “Archimedes Principle,” which explains how a boat would float in theory.

Brandon Woodard, Editor

Brandon Woodard is an editor for the broadcasting class. At the beginning of his junior year, Woodard decided to sign up for journalism as he thought it...