• May 21It's the last week of school! We hope everyone has a great summer!

• May 21Good luck to the baseball and softball teams this week!

• May 21Girls' soccer is facing the Denison Monarchs tonight at home. Good luck!

• May 21Boys' soccer has their first substate game today. Good luck!

• May 21Good luck to the girls' golf team at regionals today!

• May 21Congrats to the boys' track team for their runner-up finish at the State meet!!

Getting to Know the Class of 2017: Hannah Wright

Senior spotlight featuring Hannah Wright.

Hannah Wright has three cats, Lyric and Dapple and Theo, and a toy pomeranian, Molly. Her favorite memory with her family was when she learned many different forms of poker while visiting them in Texas.

Throughout high school, Wright has participated in volleyball, track, speech, IHSSA, drama and choir/show choir. Her favorite is IHSSA or Show choir. “I like show choir because it involves dancing, and plus, I’m a dance captain which makes it even better. I love to dance because it’s a lot of fun,” said Wright.

Her favorite memory was in high school during the Mr. AHS competition when Dustin Rudolph, Clayton Saeugling, Zach Cohrs and David Thomsen danced to “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” her junior year. Her grades have made her most proud, but if she had one “do-over” it would be to not sleep ¾ of the time in her history classes, so she could actually remember what she learned.

Wright wanted to either be a doctor or work at an aquarium when she was little, but she finally decided to go to cosmetology school. “I’ve always loved hair and makeup, so I finally made up my mind to go to cosmetology school,” said Wright. After high school, Wright plans to attend Paul Mitchell cosmetology school in Lincoln. She plans to major in cosmetology and to study cutting hair, hair dye, nails, makeup, waxing and massaging. “In 10 years, I hope to see myself working in cosmetology and own my own house and be married,” said Wright.