Getting to Know the Class of 2017: Gabrielle Jordahl

Senior spotlight featuring Gabby Jordahl.

Tyler Petty

Gabby Jordahl is living eight hours away from her parents and family.  Jordahl’s family moved to Two Harbors, Minn., in the summer of 2016. She left her little brothers Garrett, age 15, sister Makenna, age 13, and Mason, age 3, so she can finish high school in the town she grew up in. It was important to her that she finish her senior year with her friends.

Jordahl was born in Cherokee, Iowa, moved to Elkhorn, Neb., when she was two, then moved to Ames, Iowa, when she was seven, and then finally moved to Atlantic when she was nine. Temporarily, Jordahl lives with Megan and Adam Roberts, and their two kids, Hank and Grady.  

During Jordahl’s  younger years, she was involved in soccer, softball and basketball.  During her high school career, she was involved in FFA and continued to play softball and soccer.  Of all of these sports, softball is her favorite and led to her most memorable moment: playing in the State softball tournament.  

Jordahl said, “My coach, Terry Hinzmann, has made a strong impact on me. I have enjoyed playing softball.”  This opportunity was, “an awesome way” for Jordahl to end her high school softball career.  

Jordahl said, “My mom has influenced me the most. She has shown me what work ethic looks like, and in life you may need to make tough decisions.”

Jordahl’s plan after high school is to attend the University of Minnesota Rochester for pre-med.  She said, “My aunt is a nurse; she took me on a tour at her work and based on that experience I decided what I want to do.”  She is planning to major in either biology or chemistry.