Getting to Know the Class of 2017: Jena Brosam

Senior spotlight featuring Jena Brosam.

Jyden Trotter

Jena Brosam has been involved in choir, show choir, AHS Fuel, journalism, and tennis, as well as serving as basketball manager during her freshman through junior years.  Tennis was her favorite activity to participate in because of the memories and friends she made.

An active member of AHS Fuel, Brosam could be found cheering in the crowd of almost all sporting events. Her favorite high school memory is going to sophomore year baseball games.

As lead editor for AHSneedle.com, Brosam wrote and edited dozens of stories. She saw noted for organizing the sports coverage and writing about football, basketball and tennis.

Growing up, Brosam dreamed of being a detective when she graduated high school. Her future plans now include going to the Des Moines Area Community College study journalism and mass communications, and minor in Spanish. She then plans to transfer to a four-year school to complete her degree.

Brosam said her favorite teacher at the high school is Ms. Berryhill, as, “She is always there for me when I need help.” According to Brosam, high school was “a blast.” “Live every moment to the fullest, because if you don’t you will regret it 100%.”

Brosam’s dad, an Iowa State Patrol Trooper, is her role model because, she said, “He sets a good example for me.”