Getting to Know the Class of 2017: Nick Joyce

Senior spotlight featuring Nick Joyce

Logan Nelson

Nick Joyce lives with his two parents Jamie and Karyn, his sister Emma (sophomore) and two pets; a black lab named Jenny, and a schnauzer named Bailey. Joyce has lived in Atlantic his entire life. Joyce has been very active throughout his high school career; he has been involved in football (freshman- senior), track & field (freshman) and golf (sophomore- senior). Joyce said football was, “by far” his favorite activity in high school. He’s planning on going to college to become a marine biologist, but hasn’t decided what college yet. Joyce said he’s interested in marine biology because, “I just looked at what I like to do in my personal life, and I really enjoyed fishing. So I thought studying fish and their environment would be fun to do.”

Nick’s favorite memory in high school was the first football game senior year when fellow senior Eric Weiser made the game winning field goal and, “everyone went crazy.” During his freshman year of football, Joyce said, “Ross was his biggest influence in high school, even though he was just here my freshman year. He told me to work hard and good things will follow.” Joyce has also participated in the local shooting located in CAM. He has shot, “very well” this past year. One of his best accomplishment was qualifying for state, and then they competed in Kansas City, MO. Joyce also said that he’ll most likely compete on a college shooting team.

Joyce said he would like to be remembered for doing  good things, being the guy who was a leader, or a person that kept his “nose clean.”