ISU Honor Band

BAND PRIDE: Charity WIlliams, Sam Coder, Nadia Somers, Hannah Richter, Rebekah Hallman and Miranda Chipman were the six students who were accepted for the ISU honor band.

Katie York

The ISU honor band was held last week on Feb. 3-4 in Ames on the Iowa State University Campus. There was two bands, the Cardinal band and the Gold band. “The Gold band is mainly All-Staters and cardinal band is mainly underclassman. This honor band is a good recruiting tool to get kids to come play for ISU after they graduate high school.”

Six students from AHS were selected for the ISU honor band. Those students were Nadia Somers, Hannah Richter, Sam Coder, Charity Williams, Rebekah Hallman, and Miranda Chipman. Richter and Somers were in the Gold band while Coder, WIlliams, Hallman, and Chipman were in the Cardinal band.

To get selected to this honor band director’s have to  fill out nomination forms. The nomination forms are about how comfortable a student is with their playing and counting abilities and who would benefit from going to this honor band.
The Gold band played four songs. They played “Apollo Unleashed,” “REST,” “Variations on America,” and “The Crosley March.” The Cardinal band played five songs. They played “April,” “Melodious Thunk,” “Tender Sketches,” “River City March,” “Ye Banks and Braes O’Bonnie Doon”.