First Annual AHS Fuel Dodgeball Tournament

Jena Brosam, Editor In Chief

On Saturday, Nov. 5, AHS Fuel’s first ever dodgeball tournament was held in the AHS gym. The tournament started at 10 a.m., and had four teams participate.

The team’s were Globo’s Gym which included: Brady Dickerson, Austin Alexander, Zeke Whetstone, John McConkey, Grant Podhajsky, and Cooper McDermott, Daj Mahal which included: Kaden Coenen, Nile Peterson, Cale Roller, Tyler Moen, Cyle Renaud, and Benard McGee, Nate and the Spice GIrls which included: Alyssa Ginther, Sidney Svoboda, Alexis Handel, Alexis Derby, Baylee Newell, Catherine Leonard, Emily Hohenberger, Brooke Newell, Megan Behrends, and Nate Behrends, and White Choc which included: Josh McLean, Mitchell Ginther, Scott Leonard, Gratt Reed, Jake Redler, D-one Yechem, Sam Coder, and Eric Wieser.

The first match-up of the morning was the freshman team, Daj Mahal, against White Choc. White Choc came out on top, advancing to the winner’s bracket.

The next match-up was the junior team, Globo’s gym, and Nate and the Spice Girls. Globo’s Gym defeated Nate and the Spice girls, advancing them to face-off against White Choc.

In the championship game, Globo’s Gym defeated White Choc in three games, 2-1.

In the game determining third and fourth place, Daj Mahal took on Nate and the Spice Girls, and came out on top finishing the tournament in third place.

Coming out of the tournament as champions was Globo’s Gym, in second place, and also awarded best uniform, was White Choc, in third place, and awarded for sportsmanship, was Daj Mahal, and finally in fourth place, with the best team name, was Nate and the Spice Girls.

The winning team received an AHS Fuel dodgeball trophy, and a t-shirt. The best uniform, best team name, and the team with the best sportsmanship received a bag of candy.

AHS Fuel advisor Dan Vargason said, “We set up this tournament because it’s a fun event for students at our school. The idea came up after homecoming week because boy’s wanted to be able to play.”

AHS Fuel’s goal for this tournament in later year’s is to make it a conference-wide tournament.

AHS Fuel is also planning a winter sports kickoff, which will be held on Nov. 19. All earnings will be donated to Coaches vs. Cancer. There will also be a pep assembly Nov. 21, to introduce winter activities. The club also sets dress up themes for all sporting events.