All About AHS Fuel

Fueling+up+the+fans%21+Last+year+AHS+Fuel+handed+out+baby+powder+to+the+students+to+throw+in+the+air+at+kick-off.+

Fueling up the fans! Last year AHS Fuel handed out baby powder to the students to throw in the air at kick-off.

Jena Brosam

This year AHS Fuel has switched lead advisors. Spanish teacher, Dan Vargason, has taken over AHS Fuel, which was previously run by English teacher Allison Berryhill.

This year the Vargason’s focus for AHS Fuel is to come up with things to get students more involved with the activities. AHS Fuel wants to encourage students to wear black and gold, dress up for the themes, come to the games, and cheer.

Vargason said, “I am hoping we can get the students to games through more activities at intermissions and making the student section more fun. It would be nice to pack our sporting events with fans who are cheering and not just watching the game.”

AHS Fuel is working on finding ways to not only get students to all sporting events, but to be supportive and cheer to hype up everyone participating in that sport. AHS Fuel also encourages the student section to be respectful and cheer things that are appropriate.

“AHS Fuel is kind of the driving force of the student section and supporting activities,” said Vargason.  

The members of AHS Fuel come up with themes for games, activities at the games, and other fun things that can be done to increase school spirit.

AHS Fuel meetings are every Thursday at 7:15 a.m. in room 304, everyone is welcome to attend.

Tonight there is a football game against Clarinda starting at 7:30 p.m. Tomorrow there is a co-ed cross country meet in Glenwood. Everyone come support and cheer on both teams, as this is their first official event of the season!